Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Modern Art...

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm curious about his statement, "This is the gallery where anyone can do art, right?"

Is he saying that you don't have to be a legitimate artist to exhibit in the gallery, or was there an open invitation for anybody to post their work?
    G. K. Chesterton famously said that "Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly", though he had in mind the ordinary day to day pursuits of individuals, and I doubt even this paradox can stretch to accommodate those events.

Frankly, I think the only one making the bold statement was the guy who was arrested.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I would say taping a banana to a wall is burst right through the envelope into "jumping the shark" territory.
    Such an extreme form of 1 it deserves it's own category?

Ok.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm curious about his statement, "This is the gallery where anyone can do art, right?"

Is he saying that you don't have to be a legitimate artist to exhibit in the gallery, or was there an open invitation for anybody to post their work?
    What is a "legitimate artist?"

Anyone can do art. Some do it very badly, like the whole banana bit.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Source: $120K Art Basel banana gets the private jet treatment

The Art Basel Miami banana that consumed the art world even split back to New York by private jet.

The infamous fruit pinned to the wall of gallery Perrotin’s booth with duct tape — which sold three times at the fair for between $120,000 and $150,000 — was this weekend seen taped to the outside of three BladeOne private jets taking art lovers home to New York.

Fresh bananas, duct-taped near the aircraft door, welcomed passengers as they boarded in Miami, but we are told the funky fruit was peeled off all of the jets before wheels up.

Meanwhile the banana titled “The Comedian,” by artist Maurizio Cattelan, was taken down early Sunday before the art fair ended as it attracted so much commotion it became a safety hazard for the surrounding art.

Plus, on Saturday, performance artist David Datuna pulled the banana off the wall and ate it. It was replaced by the gallery, which insists the sculpture still survives.

Bananas were not on the deck earlier in the week when Blade CEO Rob Wiesenthal hosted a lavish Art Basel bash at Faena with LionTree’s Aryeh Bourkoff. Guests included Irving Azoff, Discovery’s David Zaslav, Discovery Land’s Mike Meldman, producer Ben Silverman and photographer Jean Pigozzi.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Taping a banana to wall is considered art, and eating the banana is considered performance art.

Fittingly, the person who did it, David Datuna, calls himself a performance artist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is one of the works by my lady friend...

9781008_orig.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

7. Amen Sparko, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    This is one of the works by my lady friend...

9781008_orig.jpg
    That is good art.

Here is one of my landscape paintings..

Painting bySparko.JPG

9. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That is good art.

Here is one of my landscape paintings..

Painting bySparko.JPG
    You did that? Good clouds and peaks! I know Jan gets about a grand each for her works...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My sister does beautiful watercolours.

Blue herona.jpg

DSC00163a.jpg

These are only 2 of her many gorgeous paintings. I am blessed to own 2 of them, (not these 2 I have posted) and each of my children and Kasha have been gifted art by their auntie.

THIS is real art!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

12. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    You did that? Good clouds and peaks! I know Jan gets about a grand each for her works...
    I have never sold any of mine. I haven't been painting much lately. I do a lot of digital art. I have a thread here.
    Last edited by Sparko; 12-09-2019 at 01:58 PM.