Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever wonder why Trump has Guilianni chasing down conspiracy theories ...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Ever wonder why Trump has Guilianni chasing down conspiracy theories ...

This is a very short topic I might imagine, but it was something I saw in my reading the other day - though I'm not exactly sure where - it was not the main point of the article.

But the bottom line answer is this:

The same reason Mobsters do it. Lawyers can't be forced to reveal the private conversations with their client. As long as Rudy is acting on the president's behalf, no agency or official function can demand his testimony about what the president has put him up to, during or as importantly after his presidency. A little extra 'insurance' in case 'executive privilege' isn't quite enough.

Always fun to know your president has more in common with a Mobster than George Washington.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-10-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Always fun to know your president has more in common with a Mobster than George Washington.
    In fact, presidents since George Washington have turned to individuals without formal government positions to pursue foreign policy interests and objectives. Private citizens, often acting as special envoys, have helped negotiate issues ranging from trade to war. While critics deride such efforts as “back-door,” “secret,” or “shadow” undertakings, many presidents have found it useful to dispatch people they trust, who can think and operate outside the constraints of official channels in handling delicate matters.

More at the link:

https://www.realclearinvestigations....y_120883.html#!

It's a fascinating trip through presidential history and is helpful for putting current events into their proper perspective.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    In fact, presidents since George Washington have turned to individuals without formal government positions to pursue foreign policy interests and objectives. Private citizens, often acting as special envoys, have helped negotiate issues ranging from trade to war. While critics deride such efforts as “back-door,” “secret,” or “shadow” undertakings, many presidents have found it useful to dispatch people they trust, who can think and operate outside the constraints of official channels in handling delicate matters.

More at the link:

https://www.realclearinvestigations....y_120883.html#!

It's a fascinating trip through presidential history and is helpful for putting current events into their proper perspective.
    Rudy is not merely a private individual, but rather the President's personal lawyer. And to be more blunt about it, the point made in the OP was NOT that Trump is using a private individual. The point is that Trump is using a LAWYER, and not just 'some' laywer, but his own personal lawyer. A practice common to mob bosses etc because conversations are privaledged - president or not.

Nice try at deflection, but no prize.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-10-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    the point made in the OP
    Is nothing more than idle speculation and question begging.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is nothing more than idle speculation and question begging.
    your go to excuse for ignoring any point made you disagree with. It is much more than idle speculation. Rudy is not the most qualified person for the job he's been given by any stretch. But he is:

1) loyal to Trump
    2) a lawyer.

So there is that. As for 'proving' the point. Impossible. The wicked are indeed more clever than the righteous about hiding their wickedness. Nevertheless, this is why Trump is using a lawyer rather than some more qualified person.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    your go to excuse for ignoring any point made you disagree with. It is much more than idle speculation. Rudy is not the most qualified person for the job he's been given by any stretch. But he is:

1) loyal to Trump
    2) a lawyer.

So there is that. As for 'proving' the point. Impossible. The wicked are indeed more clever than the righteous about hiding their wickedness. Nevertheless, this is why Trump is using a lawyer rather than some more qualified person.
    He’s right. You’re speculating, without any evidence to support any of it beyond your TDS. Trump has done nothing different that past presidents haven’t, in this case as MM demonstrated.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    as for 'proving' the point. Impossible.
    q.e.d.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    q.e.d.
    The fact that you took it out of context says a lot.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    The fact that you took it out of context says a lot.
    It's often the only way he can post something that looks remotely plausible

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    He’s right. You’re speculating, without any evidence to support any of it beyond your TDS. Trump has done nothing different that past presidents haven’t, in this case as MM demonstrated.
    When it comes to Trump - it's not speculation. Or have you forgotten about Michael Cohen? It's how he uses lawyers.