Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Ever wonder why Trump has Guilianni chasing down conspiracy theories ...

  1. #11
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,231
    Amen (Given)
    1538
    Amen (Received)
    3398
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    When it comes to Trump - it's not speculation. Or have you forgotten about Michael Cohen? It's how he uses lawyers.
    So what crime was committed, by Trump? Be specific.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  2. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
  3. #12
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,942
    Amen (Given)
    457
    Amen (Received)
    1809
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So what crime was committed, by Trump? Be specific.
    This thread is not about crimes ... it is about Trumps use of a lawyer as a means of hiding his purpose. Mobsters use it to hide criminal activity. Trump has a penchant for wanting to break the law, so there is that. The point is he has something he wants to hide, so he's using the time honored criminal enterprise means of accomplishing that.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #13
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,942
    Amen (Given)
    457
    Amen (Received)
    1809
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    He’s right. You’re speculating, without any evidence to support any of it beyond your TDS. Trump has done nothing different that past presidents haven’t, in this case as MM demonstrated.
    I Missed the 'nothing different'. wrong. The difference here is the person being used is his personal lawyer, a time honored technique for hiding criminal activity because of the confidentiality privilege associated with being a lawyer. The other presidents mentioned in the article used other people yes, but not people legally allowed to participate in a scheme or nefarious activity without being legally obligated to answer questions about it in a court of law should there be a trial.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  5. #14
    tWebber demi-conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,452
    Amen (Given)
    141
    Amen (Received)
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Always fun to know your president has more in common with a Mobster than George Washington.
    You're spiraling.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

  6. Amen Mountain Man, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  7. #15
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,942
    Amen (Given)
    457
    Amen (Received)
    1809
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    You're spiraling.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  8. #16
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,231
    Amen (Given)
    1538
    Amen (Received)
    3398
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    This thread is not about crimes ... it is about Trumps use of a lawyer as a means of hiding his purpose. Mobsters use it to hide criminal activity. Trump has a penchant for wanting to break the law, so there is that. The point is he has something he wants to hide, so he's using the time honored criminal enterprise means of accomplishing that.
    You brought it up Jim, what sort of crime did Trump commit, through Cohen? Be specific because all I recall was paying off a women to be quiet. And while that isn’t very moral, it isn’t a crime either, so tell us, what crimes were uncovered? If Trump is the ‘mob boss’ you claim than you should have some examples of all this crimes that took place.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-10-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  9. #17
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,231
    Amen (Given)
    1538
    Amen (Received)
    3398
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I Missed the 'nothing different'. wrong. The difference here is the person being used is his personal lawyer, a time honored technique for hiding criminal activity because of the confidentiality privilege associated with being a lawyer. The other presidents mentioned in the article used other people yes, but not people legally allowed to participate in a scheme or nefarious activity without being legally obligated to answer questions about it in a court of law should there be a trial.
    You yourself said he used Cohen, correct? So what crime did the FBI raid uncover?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  10. #18
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    116
    Amen (Given)
    13
    Amen (Received)
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Lawyers can't be forced to reveal the private conversations with their client.
    Interesting theory.

    But in today's world, where Trump's previous attorney was hounded and threatened and had his office raided, I doubt Trump worries much about attorney/client privilege anymore.

    I'm pretty sure Trump is using Giuliani because he trusts him. He doesn't trust too many people - especially entrenched bureaucrats. I can hardly blame him.

  11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  12. #19
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,942
    Amen (Given)
    457
    Amen (Received)
    1809
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    You brought it up Jim, what sort of crime did Trump commit, through Cohen? Be specific because all I recall was paying off a women to be quiet. And while that isn’t very moral, it isn’t a crime either, so tell us, what crimes were uncovered? If Trump is the ‘mob boss’ you claim than you should have some examples of all this crimes that took place.
    why is Cohen in jail?

    Source: CNN

    President Donald Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, was sentenced to three years in prison Wednesday for crimes that included arranging payments during the 2016 election to silence women who claimed affairs with Trump after the President's onetime "fixer" attributed his offenses to "my duty to cover up his dirty deeds."

    © Copyright Original Source




    Only an idiot would claim Trump is 'not guilty' in relation to the crime he ordered Cohen to do on his behalf (there is at least a conspiracy to commit a crime there). The reason Trump was not convicted of the same has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence in the matter.

    Such may well be Giuliani's fate before all is said and done ...
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-10-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  13. #20
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,942
    Amen (Given)
    457
    Amen (Received)
    1809
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    You brought it up Jim, what sort of crime did Trump commit, through Cohen? Be specific because all I recall was paying off a women to be quiet. And while that isn’t very moral, it isn’t a crime either, so tell us, what crimes were uncovered? If Trump is the ‘mob boss’ you claim than you should have some examples of all this crimes that took place.
    No - I didn't bring it up pix. I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd
    This is a very short topic I might imagine, but it was something I saw in my reading the other day - though I'm not exactly sure where - it was not the main point of the article.


    But the bottom line answer is this:

    The same reason Mobsters do it. Lawyers can't be forced to reveal the private conversations with their client. As long as Rudy is acting on the president's behalf, no agency or official function can demand his testimony about what the president has put him up to, during or as importantly after his presidency. A little extra 'insurance' in case 'executive privilege' isn't quite enough.


    Always fun to know your president has more in common with a Mobster than George Washington.
    Do you see the word 'crime' or 'criminal' in there? Did I even accuse Trump of committing a crime through Giuliani? Nope.

    You brought it up Pix.


    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •