Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ever wonder why Trump has Guilianni chasing down conspiracy theories ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wonder why Trump has Guilianni chasing down conspiracy theories ...

This is a very short topic I might imagine, but it was something I saw in my reading the other day - though I'm not exactly sure where - it was not the main point of the article.

But the bottom line answer is this:

The same reason Mobsters do it. Lawyers can't be forced to reveal the private conversations with their client. As long as Rudy is acting on the president's behalf, no agency or official function can demand his testimony about what the president has put him up to, during or as importantly after his presidency. A little extra 'insurance' in case 'executive privilege' isn't quite enough.

Always fun to know your president has more in common with a Mobster than George Washington.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-10-2019, 09:06 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Always fun to know your president has more in common with a Mobster than George Washington.
    In fact, presidents since George Washington have turned to individuals without formal government positions to pursue foreign policy interests and objectives. Private citizens, often acting as special envoys, have helped negotiate issues ranging from trade to war. While critics deride such efforts as “back-door,” “secret,” or “shadow” undertakings, many presidents have found it useful to dispatch people they trust, who can think and operate outside the constraints of official channels in handling delicate matters.

More at the link:

https://www.realclearinvestigations....y_120883.html#!

It's a fascinating trip through presidential history and is helpful for putting current events into their proper perspective.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      In fact, presidents since George Washington have turned to individuals without formal government positions to pursue foreign policy interests and objectives. Private citizens, often acting as special envoys, have helped negotiate issues ranging from trade to war. While critics deride such efforts as “back-door,” “secret,” or “shadow” undertakings, many presidents have found it useful to dispatch people they trust, who can think and operate outside the constraints of official channels in handling delicate matters.

More at the link:

https://www.realclearinvestigations....y_120883.html#!

It's a fascinating trip through presidential history and is helpful for putting current events into their proper perspective.
      Rudy is not merely a private individual, but rather the President's personal lawyer. And to be more blunt about it, the point made in the OP was NOT that Trump is using a private individual. The point is that Trump is using a LAWYER, and not just 'some' laywer, but his own personal lawyer. A practice common to mob bosses etc because conversations are privaledged - president or not.

Nice try at deflection, but no prize.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-10-2019, 10:02 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

the point made in the OP
        Is nothing more than idle speculation and question begging.

Comment

Is nothing more than idle speculation and question begging.
          your go to excuse for ignoring any point made you disagree with. It is much more than idle speculation. Rudy is not the most qualified person for the job he's been given by any stretch. But he is:

1) loyal to Trump
          2) a lawyer.

So there is that. As for 'proving' the point. Impossible. The wicked are indeed more clever than the righteous about hiding their wickedness. Nevertheless, this is why Trump is using a lawyer rather than some more qualified person.

Comment

your go to excuse for ignoring any point made you disagree with. It is much more than idle speculation. Rudy is not the most qualified person for the job he's been given by any stretch. But he is:

1) loyal to Trump
            2) a lawyer.

So there is that. As for 'proving' the point. Impossible. The wicked are indeed more clever than the righteous about hiding their wickedness. Nevertheless, this is why Trump is using a lawyer rather than some more qualified person.
            He’s right. You’re speculating, without any evidence to support any of it beyond your TDS. Trump has done nothing different that past presidents haven’t, in this case as MM demonstrated.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

as for 'proving' the point. Impossible.
              q.e.d.

Comment

q.e.d.
                The fact that you took it out of context says a lot.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  The fact that you took it out of context says a lot.
                  It's often the only way he can post something that looks remotely plausible

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    He’s right. You’re speculating, without any evidence to support any of it beyond your TDS. Trump has done nothing different that past presidents haven’t, in this case as MM demonstrated.
                    When it comes to Trump - it's not speculation. Or have you forgotten about Michael Cohen? It's how he uses lawyers.

Comment

When it comes to Trump - it's not speculation. Or have you forgotten about Michael Cohen? It's how he uses lawyers.
                      So what crime was committed, by Trump? Be specific.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So what crime was committed, by Trump? Be specific.
                        This thread is not about crimes ... it is about Trumps use of a lawyer as a means of hiding his purpose. Mobsters use it to hide criminal activity. Trump has a penchant for wanting to break the law, so there is that. The point is he has something he wants to hide, so he's using the time honored criminal enterprise means of accomplishing that.

Comment

I Missed the 'nothing different'. wrong. The difference here is the person being used is his personal lawyer, a time honored technique for hiding criminal activity because of the confidentiality privilege associated with being a lawyer. The other presidents mentioned in the article used other people yes, but not people legally allowed to participate in a scheme or nefarious activity without being legally obligated to answer questions about it in a court of law should there be a trial.

Comment

You're spiraling.
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                              You're spiraling.

Comment