Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ever wonder why Trump has Guilianni chasing down conspiracy theories ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    pix - I'll explain it one more time, after that you need to drop it. (that is not a request)

I am not saying trump is a crime lord. I am saying he is using the same tactics mobsters use to cover his tracks. And I do not doubt for an instant one of the reasons he wants his tracks covered is potentially illegal actions. He has already done so with Giuliani as part of his abuse of power as it relates to the Ukraine and with Cohen for who knows what but including the Stormy Daniels payoff. This then is what he has in common with mobsters. That he uses lawyers to cover his potentially illegal tracks.
    So your logic is:

1. Mobsters use lawyers to cover their tracks.
    2. Trump uses lawyers.
    3. Therefore, Trump is trying to cover his tracks.

This is insane and I suspect you would get that, if you weren’t blinded by your inability to think rationally on all things Trump. Rich people use lawyers to conduct business, so are they all criminals too?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Cohen:Stormy Daniels, Guiliani:Ukraine abuse of power

He does what he does. He is who he is.
      I see lots of vague claims, but no cited laws. Why?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'm more concerned about the fact that Rudy has not much more verbal self-discipline than Trump.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          I see lots of vague claims, but no cited laws. Why?
          Because,as far as I can tell you are just being belligerent and I'm just not interested in playing that game right now.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Because,as far as I can tell you are just being belligerent and I'm just not interested in playing that game right now.
            If you want that rationalization, so you can ignore the flaws of your insane conspiracy theory, go for it. It’s truly sad how far you’ve fallen where you’re now peddling theories that fall apart upon any close inspection, much like JM’s insane geocentric theories do. Get help, you truly need it because what happened to the person where truth was more important than narrative?
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If you want that rationalization, so you can ignore the flaws of your insane conspiracy theory, go for it. It’s truly sad how far you’ve fallen where you’re now peddling theories that fall apart upon any close inspection, much like JM’s insane geocentric theories do. Get help, you truly need it because what happened to the person where truth was more important than narrative?
              So now the collective narrative is "get help" (I think you are the third person to try that line in less than that many days)?

The person where truth is more important than narrative is right here, typing these words. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you perceive my comments differently now, because nothing has changed on this end of the conversation.

As for the fact Trump uses lawyers like mobsters do - It's simply a fact. Cohen and Guilianni are the proof, in that is exactly how he used Cohen, and how he is using Giulianni. The fact he uses lawyers in this way is indicative of who he is and his lawless history and nature, which now sits in the office of the POTUS.

The fact you refuse to acknowledge these facts and Trumps history of using lawyers in this fashion does not change the fact he has done this and is doing it. And the OP of this thread simply points out the fact that is what he does and is doing.

You trying to change the conversation to listing criminal acts by Trump also does not change the fact Trump has and is using lawyers in this fashion. And the fact I don't want to follow that rabbit trail also does not change the fact Trump has and is using lawyers in this fashion.

If you wish to discuss whether or not Trump uses lawyers in this fashion, that would be in scope, and I would be glad to respond to a debate of that issue - the issue raised in the OP.

The person that cares about fact rather than narrative is right in front of you pix. To find him again will require a change on your end - not mine.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-11-2019, 07:52 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So now the collective narrative is "get help" (I think you are the third person to try that line in less than that many days)?

The person where truth is more important than narrative is right here, typing these words. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you perceive my comments differently now, because nothing has changed on this end of the conversation.

As for the fact Trump uses lawyers like mobsters do - It's simply a fact. Cohen and Guilianni are the proof, in that is exactly how he used Cohen, and how he is using Giulianni. The fact he uses lawyers in this way is indicative of who he is and his lawless history and nature, which now sits in the office of the POTUS.

The fact you refuse to acknowledge these facts and Trumps history of using lawyers in this fashion does not change the fact he has done this and is doing it. And the OP of this thread simply points out the fact that is what he does and is doing.

You trying to change the conversation to listing criminal acts by Trump also does not change the fact Trump has and is using lawyers in this fashion. And the fact I don't want to follow that rabbit trail also does not change the fact Trump has and is using lawyers in this fashion.

If you wish to discuss whether or not Trump uses lawyers in this fashion, that would be in scope, and I would be glad to respond to a debate of that issue - the issue raised in the OP.

The person that cares about fact rather than narrative is right in front of you pix. To find him again will require a change on your end - not mine.
                No Jim, you have changed. This thread is a perfect example. You have no evidence to support a word of it nor do you spot the hypocrisy of the very same people that made a huge deal of paying off women were also the ones that had a tax payer funded fund, for members of congress to pay off women accusing them of sexual harassment. It’s just another case, in a long line of cases, of the emperor having no cloths. Cohen’s office was raided, by the FBI, with thousands of documents turned over to them and the best they could find is Cohen paid off a women to keep quiet. That’s not a high crime Jim and if that’s the best they got, it tells me all I need to know. You need evidence, not assertions, that all these crimes are going on. Do you have any or not? You don’t care about facts and is as obvious as the nose on your face. 3 years of endless investigations and still no cited laws that were broken. No evidence of conspiracy, treason, bribery, etc found. How much more do we need?
                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-11-2019, 09:35 AM.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You need evidence, not assertions, that all these crimes are going on. Do you have any or not?
                  He said it himself back on page one...

As for 'proving' the point. Impossible.
                  And then he rattled off some lame excuse about how the "wicked" are exceptionally clever at hiding their deeds, which is just more question begging.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And then he rattled off some lame excuse about how the "wicked" are exceptionally clever at hiding their deeds, which is just more question begging.
                    The beauty of a conspiracy theory is that no evidence is just evidence of a cover up. Really the possibilities are:

1. Trump is a mastermind criminal, that is able to hide his crimes better than the best TV villains.
                    2. The democrats are incompetent morons that couldn’t catch a cold, in an pre school and Trump isn’t a mastermind criminal. His opponents are simply stupid.
                    3. The democrats are accusing an innocent man of crimes he didn’t commit, so they could hold onto their power.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No Jim, you have changed. This thread is a perfect example. You have no evidence to support a word of it nor do you spot the hypocrisy of the very same people that made a huge deal of paying off women were also the ones that had a tax payer funded fund, for members of congress to pay off women accusing them of sexual harassment. It’s just another case, in a long line of cases, of the emperor having no cloths. Cohen’s office was raided, by the FBI, with thousands of documents turned over to them and the best they could find is Cohen paid off a women to keep quiet. That’s not a high crime Jim and if that’s the best they got, it tells me all I need to know. You need evidence, not assertions, that all these crimes are going on. Do you have any or not? You don’t care about facts and is as obvious as the nose on your face. 3 years of endless investigations and still no cited laws that were broken. No evidence of conspiracy, treason, bribery, etc found. How much more do we need?
                      Is it possible for you to have a. Conversation with me without railing on and on about what you perceive are my faults? This thread is about Trumps (mis)use of lawyers. No more pontificating about my faults as you see them - last warning.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-11-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not exactly mm. I also pointed out his use of Cohen as a fixer, for which poir Cohen has gotten 3 years at the federal Hilton. And I pointed out that he's already used Giulianni as a facilitator for the abuse of power which got him articles of impeachment.

Again, the point in the OP is that he is using giulianni - his personal lawyer - in the same way mobsters use them. To carry out his wishes with a legally enforceable obligation not to reveal the content of any directive or instruction.

We already know Trump has used lawyers to commit illegal acts. And he continues to flaunt the law at every turn. So the use of lawyers in this fashion is simply a continuation of a pattern of lawless and immoral behavior.

Comment

obsmcs67.jpg
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Is it possible for you to have a. Conversation with me without railing on and on about what you perceive are my faults? This thread is about Trumps (mis)use of lawyers. No more pontificating about my faults as you see them - last warning.
                            Is it possible for you to show evidence for your conclusions vs wild speculation? You have yet to establish that Trump has misused lawyers because just as I pointed out, the FBI already raided a Trump lawyer, took thousands of documents, and all they could find that could even rise to the level of crime is paying off a women and considering how often the rich and famous do just that and nobody cares or gets arrested, it’s hypocrisy for liberals to complain about things they themselves are guilty. That’s a major blow to your theory, evidence is required to first establish your theory, so all comes back to evidence of crimes occurring. Do you have any?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Is it possible for you to show evidence for your conclusions vs wild speculation? You have yet to establish that Trump has misused lawyers because just as I pointed out, the FBI already raided a Trump lawyer, took thousands of documents, and all they could find that could even rise to the level of crime is paying off a women and considering how often the rich and famous do just that and nobody cares or gets arrested, it’s hypocrisy for liberals to complain about things they themselves are guilty. That’s a major blow to your theory, evidence is required to first establish your theory, so all comes back to evidence of crimes occurring. Do you have any?
                              Pix, this thread is not about crimes Trump has committed, it is about how he is using giulianni in a way that makes him able to hide what he is doing, even if he does something illegal. I'm not going to answer any posts about what crimes he may or may not have committed. That is not the point, and you do not have the right to willfully derail my thread. So stop it or I will report you.

Comment

Pix, this thread is not about crimes Trump has committed, it is about how he is using giulianni in a way that makes him able to hide what he is doing, even if he does something illegal. I'm not going to answer any posts about what crimes he may or may not have committed. That is not the point, and you do not have the right to willfully derail my thread. So stop it or I will report you.
                                I get it,

You don’t want to discuss anything. You want to be free to make assertions and not need to prove a word of it and when questioned about it, whine and cry because how dare you first have to establish Trump is using lawyers to commit criminal actions! That’s unfair, I have to accept and agree, without question.

Why didn’t you just say this was your five minutes of hate thread so I would have known not to have bothered with posting?
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment