Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Crisis on Infinite Earths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisis on Infinite Earths

I'm put off by the heavy-handed LGBTQ stuff on DCU on CW, but I'm overlooking it to watch the "Crisis" crossover saga. Must say, I'm really enjoying it. Maybe even better than the 2-part "Absolute Justice" episode of Smallville.

If you haven't seen it yet, and care about such things, leave now, for thar be spoilers here.

-- The writers have managed to (at least by strong implication) include the old Batman live-action TV series, the 1990's live-action Flash TV series, the Reeve/Routh live-action Superman movies, the Burton live-action Batman movies, Smallville, and maybe a couple others I missed all into the greater Arrow Multiverse. Some were only cameos, but some had important roles.

-- I'm disappointed they did not manage to include "Lois and Clark," at least AFAIK. They did have both Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher on earlier seasons of "Supergirl," but not in their Lois and Clark roles.

-- I'm also disappointed the little Smallville segment did not include any dialogue about Chloe and Lana going off to join a wacky sex cult.

-- I'm disappointed that they were not able to convince Michael Rosenbaum to do a cameo as Luthor in the Smallville segment, or at least as an alternate-universe Barry Allen or Wally West in some other segment. He voiced both those latter characters in various animated versions of the Flash.

-- Loved Kevin Conroy (iconic voice of animated Batman for 27 years) as live-action alternate-earth Bruce Wayne, albeit crippled from the battle in which he killed that earth's Superman. Particularly loved a lot of his dialogue, which at least referenced by quotes the old George Reeves Superman series, and Dark Knight graphic novels. (No real indication they -- especially Superman -- were part of the Arrow Multiverse, though.)

-- I missed the first few minutes each of the Supergirl Crisis episode and the Flash Crisis episode, so I'll need to re-watch online. No new ones until the event concludes in January.

-- I don't recall reading the comic-book version of "Crisis." I understand it was back in '85-'86. I mostly quit comic-books in '87, so I don't know why I either missed it or read it but don't remember it.

-- I understand at some point in the comics, former (and best) Green Lantern Hal Jordan became the new Specter. There are no Green Lanterns in current DC live-action TV, but dead Green Arrow is in the process of taking the Specter mantle from Jim Corrigan. Nice flip, since Lantern and Arrow shared a title back in the... '70s?

-- ETA: Oh yeah, and they showed that Lucifer Morningstar (from the now cancelled series) was part of the Arrow Multiverse, thanks to John Constantine. I never watched any of that series.
    Last edited by NorrinRadd; 12-11-2019, 06:02 AM.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

So, the future Batman was supposed to be part Batman Beyond, but no Terry. I still have to watch last night's ep. I am thru the first 2 parts and it has been rather entertaining. I enjoyed Brandon's dialogue with himself as Atom and Superman. and Kara's reaction to them.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      So, the future Batman was supposed to be part Batman Beyond, but no Terry.
      That bugged me.

I still have to watch last night's ep. I am thru the first 2 parts and it has been rather entertaining. I enjoyed Brandon's dialogue with himself as Atom and Superman. and Kara's reaction to them.
      I have to rewatch all of them. I missed the Brandon/Brandon part somehow.

Kevin Smith's "Aftermath" after-shows are great too. Best part so far, his reaction to the preview of the upcoming "Star Girl" series:

"I have a child and I watched her being born, and that preview was BETTER!"

What a jerk.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment