Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Real Clear Average - Polling for Support of Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Clear Average - Polling for Support of Impeachment

Because....

It comes up frequently,
    and some have argued that HALF the country wants Trump impeached and removed,
    and the Dems seem to be impacting this daily with their conduct,

I thought it would be worthwhile to have one place to keep running tabs on the Real Clear Politics Average of polling for Support for impeachment and removal of Trump.

Here is the URL for the graph and supporting polling data.

The Democrats seem to be driving support for impeachment DOWN, but, obviously, that could change with new information (if there is any)

poll.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

looks pretty even to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      looks pretty even to me.
      Yes, sir, but the Democrats had been touting "FIFTY PERCENT" want Trump impeached and removed. THEN, the hearings....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yes, sir, but the Democrats had been touting "FIFTY PERCENT" want Trump impeached and removed. THEN, the hearings....
        If Trump gets re-elected he really should thank Schiff and Nadler for all that they did to help him win.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          If Trump gets re-elected he really should thank Schiff and Nadler for all that they did to help him win.
          Don't forget Aunt Nancy!

Comment

Don't forget Aunt Nancy!
            I really wish he'd do that. Maybe ask them to stand up and take a bow. Then again Schiff would likely have an actual stroke so maybe not.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I really wish he'd do that. Maybe ask them to stand up and take a bow. Then again Schiff would likely have an actual stroke so maybe not.
              Schiff and crew are actually Russian agents?

Comment

This just in..... New polling this morning added to the mix shows that, for the first time, OPPOSITION to impeachment and removal is greater than SUPPORT.

46.7 for, 47.3 against. The lines have crossed, in spite of the all-out effort by the partisan Democrats with the help of the MSM...

lines crossed.jpg

Comment

This just in..... New polling this morning added to the mix shows that, for the first time, OPPOSITION to impeachment and removal is greater than SUPPORT.

46.7 for, 47.3 against. The lines have crossed, in spite of the all-out effort by the partisan Democrats with the help of the MSM...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41444[/ATTACH]

If one is to remain impartial, one has to include the all-out effort by the partisan Republicans w/ the help of right-wing media in that analysis.

Any road, margins of error and a relatively small number of polls mean that there's no reading the tea leaves here: support or opposition for impeachment is hovering about even before we even get into question wording (some polls as about "impeaching the President" and some ask about "impeachment and removal".

Outside of the initial groundswell among Democrats and Independents (FiveThirtyEight has the breakdown), there hasn't been significant movement up or down and that's unlikely to change, at this point. It's still about where public support support for Nixon's impeachment was and considerably higher than peak public support for Clinton's impeachment (~30%).

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    If one is to remain impartial, one has to include the all-out effort by the partisan Republicans w/ the help of right-wing media in that analysis.
                    OK

Any road, margins of error and a relatively small number of polls mean that there's no reading the tea leaves here: support or opposition for impeachment is hovering about even before we even get into question wording (some polls as about "impeaching the President" and some ask about "impeachment and removal".
                    The polls are all over the place.

Outside of the initial groundswell among Democrats and Independents (FiveThirtyEight has the breakdown), there hasn't been significant movement up or down and that's unlikely to change, at this point. It's still about where public support support for Nixon's impeachment was and considerably higher than peak public support for Clinton's impeachment (~30%).

--Sam
                    This is a whole different world, Sam - we are an incredibly divided nation. The fact that ONLY 50% (if you accept that figure) approve of impeachment and removal is simply symptomatic of our division.

And you can't dispute that the impeachment process in the House has been strictly along partisan lines, with the ONLY "bipartisanship" being where Democrats vote NO with Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Yup. All half dozen or so of 'em.

Comment

Yup. All half dozen or so of 'em.
                        I don't think Fox News is lacking for viewership or partisan lean.

--Sam
                        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

OK

The polls are all over the place.

This is a whole different world, Sam - we are an incredibly divided nation. The fact that ONLY 50% (if you accept that figure) approve of impeachment and removal is simply symptomatic of our division.

And you can't dispute that the impeachment process in the House has been strictly along partisan lines, with the ONLY "bipartisanship" being where Democrats vote NO with Republicans.
                          It's always weird how people forget all about Justin Amash!

I don't think you can point to polls on the one hand and then say that a near-50% tie is merely demonstrating how divided the nation is. Approval/support polling for politicians and policies doesn't reflect that sort of bifurcation in general so why apply it here?

--Sam

Comment

Vs:

CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC News, CBS News, NY Times, etc.

Fox News is a big fish, but it’s only one surrounded by the majority of the liberal news networks. Few right leaning news sources have the kind of following Fox has.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Vs:

CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC News, CBS News, NY Times, etc.

Fox News is a big fish, but it’s only one surrounded by the majority of the liberal news networks.
                              A tangent argument but the question isn't "Do center and left-leaning media outlets numerically outnumber right-leaning media outlets?" The question is where the "audience" is getting their news (everywhere from Facebook to the Epoch Times) and what the composition of those outlets are.

Long story short, the railing on the "MSM" that happens these days is based on a completely antiquated notion of news consumption and imagining that the whole MSM is helping Democrats gin up impeachment has the disadvantages of being both false and anachronistic.

--Sam

Comment