Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 5G dangerous?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When I saw this had been bumped, I was pleasantly surprised this was not a repeat of the claim going around that 5G is the cause of coronavirus (this is something directly relevant to my job, and I deal directly with the public, so this rumor is very relevant to me, though I'm mostly astounded that anybody believes it).

Concerns relating to, say, cancer are at least plausible.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I just ran into this one. It is sort of a bad date to post a message of concern on a heated topic.

The site for the Canadian group is: http://c4st.org/5g/
    The former president of Microsoft Canada uses books to raise his monitor. I feel validated.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

3. Amen One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    Snopes is not generally a good source of information on political issues. Plus, there has to be testing to show that there is no combination of effects of 5G with coronavirus. The answer to such complex problems cannot be determined without scientific investigations. There will be many uncertainties caused by introducing new un-tested technology on a mass scale into places across the world. The worse part is that the spectrum for 5G is so broad that it will be hard to test all the variations of 5G that could be deployed.

6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

5G summit this week

Sorry for the late news. There are a series of speakers on 5G this week.

There should be good coverage of the evidence discovered about 5G.

https://the5gsummit.com/

Faith
    MYOB
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Plus, there has to be testing to show that there is no combination of effects of 5G with coronavirus.
    Wouldn't we do better with exploring things like whether smoking, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, etc. - all things that, unlike 5G, we know influence human health - influence coronavirus' impact on health?

Why go chasing after something where there's no evidence, and no plausible mechanism, when we have plenty of things to look at where there's both?

Sorry for the late news. There are a series of speakers on 5G this week.

There should be good coverage of the evidence discovered about 5G.
    CIA and world government conspiracies? Alternative medicine? Blatant lies about the state of scientific evidence? You have extraordinary low standards for the things you consider evidence based.
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLurch View Post
    Wouldn't we do better with exploring things like whether smoking, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, etc. - all things that, unlike 5G, we know influence human health - influence coronavirus' impact on health?

Why go chasing after something where there's no evidence, and no plausible mechanism, when we have plenty of things to look at where there's both?
    I started the thread because I was curious, and 5G seems to be a very hot topic.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    MYOB
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I started the thread because I was curious, and 5G seems to be a very hot topic.
    I've got no issues with curiosity. I was objecting to what appeared to be the suggestion that we start setting research policy priorities.
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've got no issues with curiosity. I was objecting to what appeared to be the suggestion that we start setting research policy priorities.
    This is one of those things that, to me, there'd need to be some serious proof that it's a problem worthy of my attention. I wouldn't be surprised, however, that somebody gets government funding to "study" it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Maybe 5G is becoming a hot topic because of the desire to implement technologies in a wide range of frequencies within broad regions of the world (and through satellites). It may make sense to make sure these are safe before we expose everyone to each of the new technologies.

These other diseases have been studied to death. If there are no solutions there, we should put off those studies until we can get a fresh look -- sometime into the future. I would think people already have studied smoking and found there may be some health problems caused by that.

Certainly it is not required that everyone just examine 5G. There are people that still can make a living looking for new things in the other areas that you mentioned. Science is expanded by people exploring their theories and curiosities in diverse areas, not just a limited set like you gave.

CIA and world government conspiracies? Alternative medicine? Blatant lies about the state of scientific evidence? You have extraordinary low standards for the things you consider evidence based.

I am interested in hearing from different groups because the mass media lies too much You can follow the series and see if there are leads to evidence or not.

I think this topic is worth more than a handwaving away of the topic. Let's discuss more things rather than just saying the whole discussion lacks evidence.

How about checking what related studies there are and share from both sides -- those showing 5G as safe and those that question the safety?
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-01-2020 at 03:18 PM.