Exploratory Thread: Mutants and Masterminds 2e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploratory Thread: Mutants and Masterminds 2e

Okay, folks... If you've every wanted to play a Street-Level super-hero, this is the chance for you to do so! What do I mean by "Street Level"? I'm referring to your military-trained vigilantes, your paranormal investigators, your low-end mutants, your cyborgs, your time cops, and your ninjas.

You don't have the book? Not a problem, let me know if you're interested in this game and I'll PM you a link to get it.

Here's how it's gonna go down:
    -Cinematic Iron-Age Heroes (with a cherry on top): Your heroes will be Power Level 8, but instead of having 120 Power Points to spend, you get an extra 10 PP (which makes it 130 Power Points)
    -Heroics is Serious Business: This is a grittier campaign, so keep that in mind as you make your characters.

Additional Rules (Things to keep in mind when you start making your characters... don't worry, this will make sense when you start character creation)
    -No Iron Man Meets Harry PotterEvery Hero Has their Limitations: I require that you have one Complication and One Drawback minimum.
    -Largest number goes firstYour Time to ShineNo Slow Fade for You
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

I'm going to see if I can find my teleporting swordsman, but define 'grittier'.

And...Iron Age? Is the setting medieval-ish?
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      I'm going to see if I can find my teleporting swordsman, but define 'grittier'.

And...Iron Age? Is the setting medieval-ish?
      Iron Age is an age of comics where things were dark and gritty. Think along the lines of the Punisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        Iron Age is an age of comics where things were dark and gritty. Think along the lines of the Punisher.
        Oh.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Any good resources for building our characters?
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

Here's the 'teaser' from the "What do YOU want to play?" Thread, just so people don't have to go to that thread to find out what's going on.

To: Viper (Viper@Brood.com)
            Subject:From: Viper (Viper@Brood.com)
            To: Dr. Mongoose (Mongoose@Brood.com)
            Subject:

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
              Any good resources for building our characters?
              I think Hero-Lab has a Mutants and Masterminds character creator (If you go that route, M&M Second Edition is the one you're looking for). Other than that, I've done things by ear relying on the handbook.

Comment

I'm making a telekinetic ghost, but I have a question about ability scores. I'm taking Insubstantial Rank 4, Duration: Continuous, Flaw: Permanent to get a permanent incorporeal form. The incorporeal form has a non-existent strength score. I'm planning to drop Constitution to 0 (I have a Regeneration Power planned). I should be able to drop Strength to 0 too, since I can't use it anyway, right?
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

is this ok to generate character? http://www.pathguy.com/d20modern.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
                    That's a D&D character generator...
                    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I support the :
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                      I'm making a telekinetic ghost, but I have a question about ability scores. I'm taking Insubstantial Rank 4, Duration: Continuous, Flaw: Permanent to get a permanent incorporeal form. The incorporeal form has a non-existent strength score. I'm planning to drop Constitution to 0 (I have a Regeneration Power planned). I should be able to drop Strength to 0 too, since I can't use it anyway, right?
                      Yep. As a matter of fact, it says in the book you have no strength if you take rank 4. Just remember, only your Mental and Sensory powers will affect the corporeal world unless you take the Affects Corporeal Extra on the other powers (a fairly reasonable tradeoff)

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
                      Nope. This game is running off a different rule-system entirely (Mutants and Masterminds).

Comment

When are you planning to get started?
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          When are you planning to get started?
                          Not right away. I've got to build the world a little more before I'm ready to go (No, Teal, don't worry. I don't have 5000 different NPCs to keep track of). If you're still interested I can send you the handbook.

Comment

(4998 instead, huh? )

I was more concerned about having time myself - as long as you aren't starting right away, I should be able to play. Send the book, please.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              (4998 instead, huh? )

I was more concerned about having time myself - as long as you aren't starting right away, I should be able to play. Send the book, please.
                              Book Sent. For those who demand a specific time-frame, I don't see myself starting this campaign for about a month. I've got other things to do over the next month (including some visiting to do in the middle of June.)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X