Exploratory Thread: Mutants and Masterminds 2e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Quite the opposite, actually. But maybe that's an overly circuitous way of speaking.

It's a robot
    Nice of you to spark up the pun content here.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
      I built IC one, Spart's got his new concept fleshed out, and Teal's gonna work on it when she gets a chance (though she says we can start without her). I'll be starting once Sparty sends me his character sheet.
      I'll need help when I get into the mechanics but at this point I'm still lost on the possibilities - and that's because I haven't had time to really read the section I need to. I have to have an idea of what the game allows to get a grasp of the character I'm building - it that makes sense to anyone.

You knew I was weird...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...6535#post96535

It's up, folks. Let's see what happens. I'll have a commentary thread up soon.

Comment

• So, what do you need? I'm perfectly willing (and probably should) to give up trying to figure out what I want to do with this thing and just be whatever the party needs - assuming Max is still willing to help with creation 'cause I'm not getting it (my fault- can't even blame the game. ).
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            So, what do you need? I'm perfectly willing (and probably should) to give up trying to figure out what I want to do with this thing and just be whatever the party needs - assuming Max is still willing to help with creation 'cause I'm not getting it (my fault- can't even blame the game. ).
            Well, a more magically-inclined character wouldn't be a bad idea. That way if someone drops an EMP the party isn't ENTIRELY up the creek (otherwise, they're relying on Crusher to do all the work. )

Comment

• Magic is a little bit complex for someone who's never used the system before. Maybe I should build a magic character if ever I find the time to join.

Comment

• I made a walking gun because it seemed like a simpler way to go.

Someone with super-speed could be good.
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  So, what do you need? I'm perfectly willing (and probably should) to give up trying to figure out what I want to do with this thing and just be whatever the party needs - assuming Max is still willing to help with creation 'cause I'm not getting it (my fault- can't even blame the game. ).
                  Very happy to help in any way I can, Teal. I actually will have some time to do so, too, over the next few weeks.

My suggestion is go for a character that you want to play, rather than whatever best fits the party needs. If you're struggling for ideas, decide what kinds of powers you want to have, and how you'll approach combat, and build around that.

So, some questions and some of the possible answers:

How does the PC move? - Fly/ run super fast/ super leaps/ climb walls / normal

How do they protect themselves? - armor / very hard to hit / hard to damage / shield / force field

How do they fight? - melee / use a gun / blast enemies from range with a power / use a weapon / use traps, deception, paralysis etc

What physical attributes do they have? - normal / super strong / super smart / super agile

What skills and abilities do they have? - none special / genius inventor / good at driving / sneaky / know everyone / great at spotting things

What unusual powers do they have? - none / invisible / can go through walls / super senses / made of metal / can control fire

Another approach is to think of the PC background - how did they become a hero? - and build powers that make sense for that background. Eg would be Spiderman - bitten by a spider, has spider abilities.

Also you can pick a hero that you like, and build a version of that. 'I love Rogue from the X-Men' - build your version of Rogue, with your own flavor.
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• If the smilie isn't relevant to the character, I'll be disappointed.
                    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X