No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Mutants and Masterminds 2e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, I didn't need a specific time frame - just making sure I didn't have to do this within the next week!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
      Yep. As a matter of fact, it says in the book you have no strength if you take rank 4. Just remember, only your Mental and Sensory powers will affect the corporeal world unless you take the Affects Corporeal Extra on the other powers (a fairly reasonable tradeoff).
      That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I could use those extra PP.

And...here's my first attempt: Karla "Slip" Brandt. She's officially know as the Weiss Geist (White Ghost), but prefers the nickname Slip.

It seems like there should be some immunities that come with having no constitution. I'm not sure how to handle those.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I'm interested, but totally ignorant. (Seriously...I know nothing about these things.)

Since I seem to be the only one around here that literally knows nothing, is this a bad place to start? How does one go about learning...whatever this is?
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          I'm interested, but totally ignorant. (Seriously...I know nothing about these things.)

Since I seem to be the only one around here that literally knows nothing, is this a bad place to start? How does one go about learning...whatever this is?
          You are far from the only one that knows nothing. I expect most of us playing will know nothing (or next best thing to).
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            You are far from the only one that knows nothing. I expect most of us playing will know nothing (or next best thing to).
            No, I mean I don't even know what this game (the system) is called.

Comment

Mutants and Masterminds is the game system. Ever play any RPG before?
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Mutants and Masterminds is the game system. Ever play any RPG before?
                Outside of a video game? No. (Well, there was the time my friend and I tried to invent a tabletop RPG while we were on a fish processing barge with no fish to process...but that doesn't count.)

ETA: It seems this was a bad place to start, so pardon my intrusion. Carry on.
                Last edited by Zymologist; 05-27-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

Well, if you don't mind being The New Guy(TM), and if the other more seasoned players (more with the concept than this particular rule system) don't mind lending a hand, I'd be glad to have you.
                  Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Fresh meat! Er, I mean, sure, we'll help the new guy...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So... Anyone got any character concepts they want to put on the table?

Comment

A mime.
                        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

I linked to a telekinetic ghost. I have an idea for a duplicating corrosion or fatigue monster.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                            A mime.
                            If you want to play a mime... by all means, go ahead.

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            I linked to a telekinetic ghost. I have an idea for a duplicating corrosion or fatigue monster.
                            I like the ghost concept, though those other ones could work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              If you want to play a mime... by all means, go ahead.
                              Communicating with wild gesticulations and fighting using invisible constructs as weapons. Best of all, I don't need to write any dialogue
                              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Is it too early to kill the mime?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X