Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Legacy Of Donald J Trump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Right, that's why he's being impeached for "high crimes and misdemeaners" as circumscribed in the term Abuse of Power. Extortion for personal gain, soliciting foreign interference in our elections, and obstruction of justice.
    But they haven't proven that. All they have is rumor and accusation. Heck they didn't even charge him with any crimes in the articles. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      But they haven't proven that. All they have is rumor and accusation. Heck they didn't even charge him with any crimes in the articles. Why not?
      Doesn't matter. Orange man bad. Must be removed. 2020 is around the corner.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sure they have, just not to your satisfaction, but then again no amount of evidence will satisfy the hard line Trumsters.

Comment

Sure they have, just not to your satisfaction, but then again no amount of evidence will satisfy the hard line Trumsters.
          Great. Quote them for me from the Articles of Impeachment along with the relevant laws he broke.

They only accuse him of "Abuse of Power" which is not a crime and support it with rumors and no facts, and "Obstruction of Congress" another non-crime with no legal basis. Basically "We don't like the way he runs the country" and "we are mad because he isn't cooperating with our witch trial"

Comment

Great. Quote them for me from the Articles of Impeachment along with the relevant laws he broke.

They only accuse him of "Abuse of Power" which is not a crime and support it with rumors and no facts, and "Obstruction of Congress" another non-crime with no legal basis. Basically "We don't like the way he runs the country" and "we are mad because he isn't cooperating with our witch trial"
            Egad! Under the charge of "abuse of Power" as well as that of "Obstruction" they spell out the exact nature of the charges in detail. Like I said, no amount of evidence is going to convince you hard line Trumpsters, it just does not compute.

Comment

Egad! Under the charge of "abuse of Power" as well as that of "Obstruction" they spell out the exact nature of the charges in detail. Like I said, no amount of evidence is going to convince you hard line Trumpsters, it just does not compute.
              Is that how you TrumpOCD sufferers quote things?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Quite obviously, that's enough to fool the HateTrump crowd.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Quite obviously, that's enough to fool the HateTrump crowd.
                  Which makes it quite obvious that nothing will convince the blind, adoring, TDS Trump crowd.

Comment

This sentence, this phrase alone, says all that needs to be said about how wrong your thinking is on this issue.

The potential for the abuse of the power of the office of president is the ultimate reason for the impeachment provision of the constitution. It exists to prevent a president from doing just that with no potential for remedy.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-26-2019, 09:20 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Is that how you TrumpOCD sufferers quote things?
                      Like the ones who think that anybody who doesn't hate Trump as much as they do must be a "blind, adoring, TDS Trump Supporter"?

Comment

Like the ones who think that anybody who doesn't hate Trump as much as they do must be a "blind, adoring, TDS Trump Supporter"?
                        Characterizing the issues seen in Trump and raised about Trump in this way is simply dishonest sarcasm and does not reflect reality. It is also an example of poisoning the well of rational discussion.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Characterizing the issues seen in Trump and raised about Trump in this way is simply dishonest sarcasm and does not reflect reality. It is also an example of poisoning the well of rational discussion.
                          It reflects reality, Jim. Whether you can see that or not doesn't change that fact.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            You might have a little talk with your buddy, JimL, who constantly characterizes anybody who doesn't hate Trump as much as you guys do as "blind, adoring, TDS Trump Supporter".

But, no, you'd rather take a swat at a fellow Christian. My comment was not sarcasm in the least, Jim -- it's what I see from TrumpHaters on a regular basis.

Comment

No, I'm just refering to those of you who defend Trump at every turn, you know the blind, adoring, TDS Trump crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                It reflects reality, Jim. Whether you can see that or not doesn't change that fact.
                                It seems it's impossible just to try to be objective --- you either have to hate Trump and all that he is, or you're labeled a "Trumpster" who "supports Trump at every turn".

I think it's part of the illness.

Comment