Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    I have no idea but probably not very high. Without a trial it was certain to be 0% though so at least better than that :).
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I don't think he wanted them "so badly" - he got more enjoyment out of the "clear and present danger / we need to act immediately" scam followed by delay.
      No, I think every day that goes by and the more and more devastating evidence that is being released is making Moscow Mitch wish that he could have pulled off the sham trial he had been planning a lot sooner. He's going to have a much harder time trying to do that now.

So, what do you think the chances are that the Senate will actually vote to remove?
      Depends on whether they have a fair trial or not, and that depends on how much pressure all this new evidence being released to the public puts on them. Remember Nixon, the republicans supported him right up until the evidence became so devastating that they were forced relinquish their support.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No, I think every day that goes by and the more and more devastating evidence ....
        The focus group word is "overwhelming".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The evidence is so overwhelming that the Democrats are begging for the Senate to go on a fishing expedition to help them prove their case.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Uh-oh... Nadler just threw the Democrat party's talking points into the trash...

"...we heard from enough witnesses to prove the case beyond any doubt at all."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ond-any-doubt/

Going to be tough for the Democrats to insist on more witnesses after a bombshell like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Uh-oh... Nadler just threw the Democrat party's talking points into the trash...

"...we heard from enough witnesses to prove the case beyond any doubt at all."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ond-any-doubt/

Going to be tough for the Democrats to insist on more witnesses after a bombshell like that!
              Nancy's gonna spank him!

Comment

Oh, the evidence is overwhelming, that your mind is closed to facts doesn't change the facts. The smoking gun is needed only to insure that those in denial can no longer deny it and lie to their constituents with a straight face. Republicans today are no different than republicans in the 70's Nixon trial, they denied and denied until the evidence was so in their face factual that they could no longer lie to their constituents and get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Nah, I couldn't be happier with the way the Democrats handled impeachment.
                  Good, stop complaining about it then. Oh, I see, you're happy because you think they were unethical in the way they handled it so therefore your Senate republicans can be unethical in the way they work the trial. Not really seeking the truth there are you, MM.

Comment

Oh, the evidence is overwhelming, that your mind is closed to facts doesn't change the facts.
                    It has to be overwhelming to the American people, Jim --- that was what Nancy was preaching before she caved to the dark side.

The smoking gun is needed only to insure that those in denial can no longer deny it and lie to their constituents with a straight face. Republicans today are no different than republicans in the 70's Nixon trial, they denied and denied until the evidence was so in their face factual that they could no longer lie to their constituents and get away with it.
                    The problem is that the Democrats, in their zeal to get rid of Trump by any means possible, overplayed their hand. We have an election in less than a year -- I think "the people" should be heard, and Congress should get back to doing actual work.

Comment

It has to be overwhelming to the American people, Jim --- that was what Nancy was preaching before she caved to the dark side.

The problem is that the Democrats, in their zeal to get rid of Trump by any means possible, overplayed their hand. We have an election in less than a year -- I think "the people" should be heard, and Congress should get back to doing actual work.
                      On the plus, the impeachment will keep Sanders and Warren locked in DC during the critical Iowa Caucus.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        On the plus, the impeachment will keep Sanders and Warren locked in DC during the critical Iowa Caucus.
                        They can pass notes back and forth about which one lied!

Comment

One wonders if that was the Democrat party's ultimate plan.

Comment

That is the reason that the Democrats couldn't wait, CP. Trumps violation of the law was about the election, and Trumps attempt to get a foreign country to interfere in it, in much the same way as Russia did in the 2016 election. So no, they didn't overplay their hand, the President simply got caught accidently showing his. And you should be zealous to get rid of Trump as well, you just don't know any better.

Comment

Why, are you afraid of Warren and Sanders? I thought it was Biden you were more concerned with as an opponent.

Comment

That is the reason that the Democrats couldn't wait, CP....
                                ...including the 4 weeks Putlosi sat on the AoI? Come on, Jim --- it was either URGENT or it wasn't.

Comment