Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump jokes about congressman being in hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    An evil God would allow evil to go unpunished.
    An good god wouldn't torture his imperfect creations.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      An good god wouldn't torture his imperfect creations.
      He doesn't. All he does is separate them from himself. Any torture is their own doing.

The whole idea of devil's burning people and sticking them with pitchforks is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        He doesn't. All he does is separate them from himself. Any torture is their own doing.

The whole idea of devil's burning people and sticking them with pitchforks is nonsense.
        Oh so all of us athiests will get to live eternally as well?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Oh so all of us athiests will get to live eternally as well?
          Yes you do. You just won't be happy being separated from God for eternity. Right now you benefit from God's grace and you don't even know it.

Comment

This is a nontroversy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              This is a nontroversy.
              It was a stupid joke, but because of who said it some want to turn it into a constitutional crisis.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                This is a nontroversy.
                The new technical term is 'nothingburger'.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Trump implies LBJ may be in hell

Echoing a controversial comment he made about the late Rep. John Dingell, President Donald Trump implied another deceased Democrat might be looking up from hell: this time former President Lyndon Johnson.

Trump made the remark at a rally in Milwaukee on Tuesday while discussing his upcoming impeachment trial.
                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/4476977002/
                  He's back.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    He's back.
                    Nothingburger.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      He's back.
                      I see for his next trick, he’s getting the left to defend serial sexual predator and avid racist, LBJ.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        I see for his next trick, he’s getting the left to defend serial sexual predator and avid racist, LBJ.
                        Has anyone defended that aspect of LBJ's life?

Under what conditions does an historically important person's repugnant views define his legacy? When it comes to men such as Jefferson, should his views in race overshadow his views on political theory?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                          Has anyone defended that aspect of LBJ's life?

Under what conditions does an historically important person's repugnant views define his legacy? When it comes to men such as Jefferson, should his views in race overshadow his views on political theory?
                          Try reading LBJ’s bio sometime. LBJ was quite a nasty piece of work that has quite a list of things he did. Just to name a few:

1. He sexually assaulted women in an elevator, on a regular bases, while being a member of congress.
                          2. He regularly cheated on his wife, Lady Byrd.
                          3. He regularly emotionally abused her.
                          4. He had a buzzer installed in the WH, so he wouldn’t get caught cheating on his wife again because she walked in on him with an intern once in a rather compromised position.

Interesting how democrats will defend a guy that did everything they accuse Trump of doing...

So why does LBJ get a pass? Is it because he was a democrat?
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-20-2020, 09:32 AM.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Try reading LBJ’s bio sometime. LBJ was quite a nasty piece of work that has quite a list of things he did. Just to name a few:

1. He sexually assaulted women in an elevator, on a regular bases, while being a member of congress.
                            2. He regularly cheated on his wife, Lady Byrd.
                            3. He regularly emotionally abused her.

Interesting how democrats will defend a guy that did everything they accuse Trump of doing...
                            But is anyone defending LBJ's misogyny or his personal racism? There are some parts of LBJ's legacy which are worth defending. Just as there are parts of George Washington's legacy, Thomas Jefferson's legacy, or John Adams' legacy, worthy of defending without ignoring or white washing their failings.

Compare the defenses and excusing of Trump's behavior.

I invite posters to apply the defenses of Trump's misogyny or racism to LBJ's actions to see how those sound!

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                              But is anyone defending LBJ's misogyny or his personal racism? There are some parts of LBJ's legacy which are worth defending. Just as there are parts of George Washington's legacy, Thomas Jefferson's legacy, or John Adams' legacy, worthy of defending without ignoring or white washing their failings.

Compare the defenses and excusing of Trump's behavior.

I invite posters to apply the defenses of Trump's misogyny or racism to LBJ's actions to see how those sound!
                              Yet that’s how the left operates when it comes to all things Trump. You can’t have it both ways, so take your pick... does legacy matter or does moral failings matter more?
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yet that’s how the left operates when it comes to all things Trump. You can’t have it both ways, so take your pick... does legacy matter or does moral failings matter more?
                                I am referring to those that defend Trump and those which defend LBJ.

Your post which started this section of the discussion referred the defense.

I will ask again: Who is defending the actions of LBJ, and what are,the arguments or,excuses made?

Comment