Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump jokes about congressman being in hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Nancy didn't always look like a drunken and bitter old hag!

oh wait, was that insensitive? I am such a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Wow. Nancy didn't always look like a drunken and bitter old hag!

oh wait, was that insensitive? I am such a monster.
      Each day, the thread content by the evangelical regulars here gets closer and closer to what used to go on in the gossiping, backstabbing whispers of the in club at my Jr. High School. That would be 12 to 14 year olds.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Each day, the thread content by the evangelical regulars here gets closer and closer to what used to go on in the gossiping, backstabbing whispers of the in club at my Jr. High School. That would be 12 to 14 year olds.
        Then you should stop doing it.

Comment

Not commenting so much about this specific incident, but it's sad that hell is more of a topic for jokes than actual theological discussion. Even many Christians seem to think hell jokes are funny and it boggles my mind what is possibly funny about eternal damnation.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Not commenting so much about this specific incident, but it's sad that hell is more of a topic for jokes than actual theological discussion. Even many Christians seem to think hell jokes are funny and it boggles my mind what is possibly funny about eternal damnation.
            Maybe that's why I say "a snowball's chance in the hot place", but, yeah..... maybe that's not even so good.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Maybe that's why I say "a snowball's chance in the hot place", but, yeah..... maybe that's not even so good.
              But still a lot better than joking about other actual persons being there.

This is a thread worth remembering if someone makes the statement that some twebers always support or find excuses for Trump. In this case that was certainly not my impression.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                But still a lot better than joking about other actual persons being there.

This is a thread worth remembering if someone makes the statement that some twebers always support or find excuses for Trump. In this case that was certainly not my impression.
                Well....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                It's the kind of thing I wish he wouldn't do, but I'm not as concerned the stupid things he says as the important promises he keeps.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                  It was mild, and she deserves worse.
                  lol

Comment

We often laugh at what we fear or in the face of tragedy. Neither the oh the humanity nor the koolaid jokes are really funny but they are all that's left of the public memories of both tragedies. The pretense of humor in the face of terror.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Trump seems to think that the crowd are as mean spirited as he is. Maybe they are. If not, the country needs to tell him or he will drag you all down to his level.

Midway through his rally in Battle Creek, Mich., this week, President Trump’s trademark vindictiveness bumped up against the limits of decency as he began to disparage a dead man.

Turning his attention to Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.), the widow of former congressman John Dingell, the president suggested that rather than looking down from heaven, as Debbie had previously told him, perhaps John was “looking up” from hell.

The crowd murmured, the crowd grimaced, the crowd groaned. There were cheers and applause, too, but the pockets of hesitation from some of his most loyal supporters underscored a striking note of discomfort with the president’s mean streak.

Trump backtracked slightly, saying, “Let’s assume he’s looking down.”
                      WaPo is wonderful
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

This was a joke in bad taste. I'm not sure what more there is to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Considering the climate today I'm actually kind of surprised the Democrats didn't list that as a reason to impeach him.

I'm only half joking.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            And if we're honest, nobody is actually going to change their overall opinion on him based on this incident. It doesn't reveal anything about his personality that nobody wasn't already fully aware of.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They probably don't really believe in it. I mean seriously, who would believe in an evil god?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                They probably don't really believe in it. I mean seriously, who would believe in an evil god?
                                An evil God would allow evil to go unpunished.

Comment