Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Literally lose our minds, huh? Sure, bub, whatever you say.
    oh - you usually manage to stay stable no matter what. I wasn't talking about you.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      And you’re hysterical. Do you know what will happen in Jan 2025? A new president will be sworn in and Trump will not be a dictator.
      I do in fact hope so. Actually - I'm hoping for 2021 or before.

Trump has, however, already tossed out the idea of changing the term limits for president. So there is that
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Want to bet that if I tried hard enough, I can find 5 common things Hitler did that most leaders do today? Hitler was a politician and the game isn’t much different vs today. Pretty much all of them have adoring fans. Obama did, Clinton did, Warren does, Sanders does, etc. are they all just like Hitler too? You’ve lost your mind. There’s a reason Goodwin’s law is a thing because calling your opponents Nazi’s is simply the same sort of smear you condemn when used against you, hypocrite.
        If one wants to find correlation, they can be found. That is why we see a face in almost any pattern we look at.

I guess you'll be ranting about this for a while now. I'll bet that one post will be enough to fuel your rage at least another month, even if all my posts are perfectly respectful in all ways across that entire period.

Comment

*compares his opponents to Nazi’s. Can’t understand why conversations break down.*

That log is so shoved in your eye, you can’t see daylight.
          wow -three in a row.

I did like tossing a rock into a red ant's nest and watching them all come out to fight the 'intruder'. I guess I haven't completely rid myself of that particular vice.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            I do in fact hope so. Actually - I'm hoping for 2021 or before.

Trump has, however, already tossed out the idea of changing the term limits for president. So there is that
            And how many terms did left hero, FDR serve for? Was he a dictator?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

wow -three in a row.

I did like tossing a rock into a red ant's nest and watching them all come out to fight the 'intruder'. I guess I haven't completely rid myself of that particular vice.
              And I like watching you play the victim card, while being a total hypocrite. Must be great to be above the rules you expect everyone else to follow.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If one wants to find correlation, they can be found. That is why we see a face in almost any pattern we look at.

I guess you'll be ranting about this for a while now. I'll bet that one post will be enough to fuel your rage at least another month, even if all my posts are perfectly respectful in all ways across that entire period.
                Your psychology projection is so funny to watch. Good job Jim, you are what you hate. A bitter, sad man, that attacks others while pitching a fit when anyone returns the favor. I’m hardly raging about this because I could care less with your TDS makes you think, other than the interesting fact it has turned you into the Jorge of civics.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And you’re hysterical. Do you know what will happen in Jan 2025? A new president will be sworn in and Trump will not be a dictator.
                  Don Jr. 2024!

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Christianity Today puts these words on the situation back then: "The 2016 election confronted evangelical voters with an impossible dilemma: Vote for a pro-choice candidate whose policies would advance so much of what we oppose, or vote for an extravagantly immoral candidate who could well damage the standing of the republic and the witness of the church."

I wonder why so many feel obliged to follow him all the way or even most of it, call CT far left or come up with childish stuff like TDS and the like. I like how CT report on some of the positive reactions they received:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...president.html
                    I think I sort of address those points in my Facebook reply to the article, which I copied in the "Reaping..." thread here.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      As the last few weeks have made abundantly clear, Trump's "corruption" doesn't hold a candle to that of the real pros like Schiff, Pelosi and Nadler.
                      Well prior entering politics, Trump had gone bankrupt 4 times, and then one day he suddenly shows up with hundreds of millions of dollars, buying such things as real estate, and golf courses, with Russian Oligarch money - it's called money laundering. But there are useful idiots who believe he is a savior, enough of them so he can win an election. But the truth will come out, regardless of his scheme to use the Oval office to cover up his crimes.

Comment

• found an interesting take on CT's article by someone who was anti trump in 2016. Here I agree with Dr. Everret Piper. those Christian's who are attacking the rest of us because we don't believe like they do that the bad outweighs the good should reflect on this article
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-24-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                          Well prior entering politics, Trump had gone bankrupt 4 times, and then one day he suddenly shows up with hundreds of millions of dollars
                          Business 101, companies go bankrupt all the time without their founders going personally bankrupt.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                            Well prior entering politics, Trump had gone bankrupt 4 times, and then one day he suddenly shows up with hundreds of millions of dollars, buying such things as real estate, and golf courses, with Russian Oligarch money - it's called money laundering. But there are useful idiots who believe he is a savior, enough of them so he can win an election. But the truth will come out, regardless of his scheme to use the Oval office to cover up his crimes.
                            Four bankruptcies out of 500~ businesses - pretty nice batting average if you ask me...

https://askopinion.com/how-many-busi...nald-trump-own
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Extreme anti- Trump reactions and attacks on people who express any approval for anything Trump says or does tend to harden people in their positions.
                              As opposed to pro-Trump attacks on people who express any disapproval (the majority BTW) for anything Trump says or does to harden people in their positions.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                                Can we all just take a breath and enjoy the level of insanity that has overtaken Trump supporters for them to be calling Christianity Today a "far left magazine".
                                I find the continual blasphemy of Trump supporting Christian's, like the majority of people on this website, absolutely giggle inducing, personally.

After I heard about the stance of CT and NR I thought they might have found themselves shocked out of their stupor, but unfortunately they seem to keep failing to recognize themselves.

Oh well, lol

Comment