Thread: Christianity Today Op Ed

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yup. "Creampuff Christ"

You are creating a god in your own image and rejecting the one in Scripture.
    It is not weak to love those that are hurting and rebuke those that are hurting them. But it is a perversion to claim that such a vision of Christ as sam is describing him is a 'creampuff'.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It is not weak to love those that are hurting and rebuke those that are hurting them. But it is a perversion to claim that such a vision of Christ as sam is describing him is a 'creampuff'.
    So maybe you can answer then... Since this was about Buttigeg, exactly how is he weak and hurting? Or as Sam said "the poor, the helpless, or the stranger."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Let's make it really really simple....

abortion -- every successful abortion results in a dead body. 100% of the time.
    immigration - a convoluted screwed up policy that nobody in power seems to want to solve, the unintended consequences of which sometimes results in tragedy for children.

These are not the same.
    Technically, this is not true. Most abortions occur long before the fetus even has a fully functioning brain. 2/3 before the heart has fully formed. While I am against abortion in most cases, this sort of inaccurate rhetoric about abortion is an appeal to emotion, not to reason.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So maybe you can answer then... Since this was about Buttigeg, exactly how is he weak and hurting? Or as Sam said "the poor, the helpless, or the stranger."
    You seem confused. This question has no logical relationship to any of my replies, or any of the posts that led up to my reply. No-one, including myself, has implied or otherwise indicated buttigieg is weak or hurting.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Technically, this is not true. Most abortions occur long before the fetus even has a fully functioning brain. 2/3 before the heart has fully formed. While I am against abortion in most cases, this sort of inaccurate rhetoric about abortion is an appeal to emotion, not to reason.
    So, you're going to revert to the old liberal line "it's not even a human until...."? I have to admit, I am a LITTLE surprised.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Some would consider you to be inhabiting the “lost world”.
    Some say there was no moon landing.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    You do not know what I am doing, so there is that.

I don't believe for a second that you are a true believer, so I wonder who needs to repent...
    An enemy of the cross doesn't believe I'm a true believer! I think I have the vapors!!!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Since 2015 is the last year that we apparently have the numbers for, and there were, according to the CDC, 638,169 abortions from 49 of the 52 reporting areas, just how many of those do you think were okay?

And people in comas don't have what can be called "a fully functioning brain" and depending on what you mean by that, neither do millions of people suffering from various neurological disorders. Is it okay to euthanize them as well?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

9. Amen Cow Poke, Cerebrum123, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Since 2015 is the last year that we apparently have the numbers for, and there were, according to the CDC, 638,169 abortions from 49 of the 52 reporting areas, just how many of those do you think were okay?

And people in comas don't have what can be called "a fully functioning brain" and depending on what you mean by that, neither do millions of people suffering from various neurological disorders. Is it okay to euthanize them as well?
    Today is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You seem confused. This question has no logical relationship to any of my replies, or any of the posts that led up to my reply. No-one, including myself, has implied or otherwise indicated buttigieg is weak or hurting.
    You challenged my response to Sam talking about "It is not weak to love those that are hurting." Since what triggered it was about Buttigeg then it seems fair to ask just how he is hurting (I'll drop the weak part since I misread that)?

Or was your response merely an attempt to deflect and distract?