Page 120 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1533

Thread: Christianity Today Op Ed

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Wow... and how long before you're fined if you don't vote "correctly"?
    Never. Voting is compulsory in Australia and has been for the best part of a century. Failure to vote without a valid and sufficient reason results in a fine. It's a far better system than in the US in that it virtually eliminates the possibility of voting fraud.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As a general principle, Democrats strongly oppose anything that could eliminate voter fraud.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As a general principle, Democrats strongly oppose anything that could eliminate voter fraud.
    More to the point, black and Hispanic citizens are more likely than whites to face barriers at the polls—and to fear the future erosion of their basic political rights. Compulsory voting for all - as in Australia - largely eliminates this disadvantaging of an entire class of voter.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    More to the point, black and Hispanic citizens are more likely than whites to face barriers at the polls—and to fear the future erosion of their basic political rights. Compulsory voting for all - as in Australia - largely eliminates this disadvantaging of an entire class of voter.
    Wow. I skimmed several articles and did not see any reference to exemptions on religious grounds, such as Jehovah's Witnesses or some Quakers. Is there such a controversy down under? Also, are local or special elections, such as school board, water bond votes also compulsory?

tWebber
    Faith
    Jedi
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Dang, accusing me of being obsessed while crying about things that happened 6-10+ years ago? Wow, so what I said about you is true. I should have ignored you completely all those years ago because you are clearly mentally imbalanced and have an obsession with anyone that crosses you. How sad, to be stuck obsessing over things that happened over a decade ago that most people have forgotten and moved on from.
    Nope, I was just rereading old conversations with people I had via PM and noticed old PMs you'd sent me and, honestly, I'd forgotten how much you'd projected onto me. How descriptive you were about how evil I was and how evil I, surely, thought you were. It brought back a lot of memories. Things I hadn't really thought about in awhile. I put up with a lot of unjustifiable abuse from you before I ever took a swing back. The only reason you got engagement from most people was because you were a moderator on some tiny section of this website so we couldn't block you.

@Anybody
    Is there an option to delete all my old posts?

I don't want to be tempted to come back here, but would prefer to not just swear until I'm banned, so is there a way to delete all of my posts (most of which are ancient) and just leave my PMs? There are more important things going on and I want this to be final

tWebber
    Faith
    Jedi
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I think you two are talking past each other at this point.
    Like,

Everyone knows that Republicans won't support making universal voting access easy because they know they depend on voter suppression to win? Like how many document leaks does it take? The only question is why we do this dance

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaecp View Post
    Nope, I was just rereading old conversations with people I had via PM and noticed old PMs you'd sent me and, honestly, I'd forgotten how much you'd projected onto me. How descriptive you were about how evil I was and how evil I, surely, thought you were. It brought back a lot of memories. Things I hadn't really thought about in awhile. I put up with a lot of unjustifiable abuse from you before I ever took a swing back. The only reason you got engagement from most people was because you were a moderator on some tiny section of this website so we couldn't block you.

@Anybody

I don't want to be tempted to come back here, but would prefer to not just swear until I'm banned, so is there a way to delete all of my posts (most of which are ancient) and just leave my PMs? There are more important things going on and I want this to be final
    “I’ve never done anything wrong, but drama always follows me everywhere. I’m the victim, I promise!!”

Pull the other leg, maybe someone else might believe you’re the innocent victim that never does anything wrong, but somehow is always at the epicenter of drama.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    “I’ve never done anything wrong, but drama always follows me everywhere. I’m the victim, I promise!!”

Pull the other leg, maybe someone else might believe you’re the innocent victim that never does anything wrong, but somehow is always at the epicenter of drama.
    Reminds me of my roommate in college who didn't get along with any of his coworkers and insisted that they all needed to change their attitudes.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaecp View Post
    @Anybody

We don't delete the posts of people who are banned. In any case, you are free to exersize some self-control and not return. No one is forcing you to be here.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    ...You know, if you're not careful, and if Jesus is god, he might spit you from his mouth and declare "you never knew me."
    The "spitting you out of my mouth" is about lukewarm vs hot or cold - and is not connected to the "I never knew you" (not "you never knew me).

Jim, if you're going to try to beat us up with Scripture, please take time to know what you're talking about.

Why does it always seem, and it's apparent on this site as well, that non-believers are so often more christian like than believers themselves are.
    Yeah, you're a shining example of how others should be treated.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.