Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    You mean like hiring a foreign national who used Russian sources to create a dossier that was then used to get a FISA warrant to surveil the opposing candidate?
    Just a quick heads up, Carter Page didn't run for president in 2016, and wasn't even working for Trump, so what you're saying there is prime bunkum. That's just an FYI.

We spy on Russia. So do our allies. And when they find a hostile government is working against us, they like to let us know, and they don't really care about upsetting the commies when they do it, or upsetting the folks who are working for them.

It's that whole Evil Empire thing.

Meanwhile, the Russian spies actually working for Russia on our elections hacked the DNC, and released their emails strategically in a campaign to help elect Trump. The first tranche went out the day the "Grab my Putty" tape came out. They started trying to hack Hillary they day after Trump asked for their help on the campaign.

You know who owns the bases we built in Syria now, right?

He's been paying them back ever since.

Not sure why y'all want to go there, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I never said it was recent, OR in this thread - and I asked politely if perhaps you had missed it. And the fact that you don't remember me saying anything about temporal and eternal clued me in that perhaps you missed it, which is why I politely asked.

And you still haven't responded.

I'll go back to letting you rant,
      I will admit at this point that I did not expect this sort of purposed manipulation from you. But as they say, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Now I know.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        I will admit at this point that I did not expect this sort of purposed manipulation from you. But as they say, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Now I know.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          So what you're saying is that it's not about stopping crime, it's about stopping crime.
          Is your lack of understanding purposed, or accidental?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Is your lack of understanding purposed, or accidental?
            Do you always ask loaded questions?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Then how does this not make what Obama/Biden CLEARLY did (as per his public admission) not a criminal act?
              They didn't. For one thing they were very open about what their legitimate policy would be, demanding Ukraine clean up the corruption stemming from the previous Russian influenced government, wasn't a secret corrupt mission of the Administration, and they didn't withhold aid or cover-up the withholding of aid. If Poroshenko, the Ukrainian president at the time, refused to clean up the corruption, fire the corrupt prosecutor, the administration could have gone back to congress and got approval to withhold the aid. They didn't have to, Porishenko agreed and the aid was delivered.
              Trumps scheme had nothing to do with corruption, which is why he secretly held up the aid, as the corruption problem had already been sufficiently resolved and U.S. aid had been pouring into Ukraine even in 2017 and 2018 by the Trump administration itself. He never informed congress that the appropriated aid in 2019 was being withheld, and he hid all documents concerning the scheme in the secure server meant only for classified material in order to cover it up.
              He broke the law, the Imoundment act, and he knew at the time that it was illegal because his own staff warned him that it was against the law. One of his staff, can't remember the name, actually resigned at the time not wanting to be involved. No, not John Bolton, though he resigned for pretty much the same reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Of course you do.

A pastor is charged with preaching the Gospel, not politics. Issues, not personalities.

Yeah, because people are too stupid to see who Trump is.

Gospel, not politics. Issues, not people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  I am not using "them" to castigate anyone. My use of "them" is explained in the text and I see no reason to continue to state the rather obvious. I am not even talking about a group, but about how Trump and Graham talked in two particular instances. Their statements clearly show they follow an us vs. them logic. I gave you several examples of this in Graham's text.
                  You appear to have misremembered your words.
                  Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Yes. I disagree but of course he is entitled to voice his opinion.

I am actually glad he shared his opinion. No matter if you agree or not it is extremely easy to see that he is talking in an "US vs. THEM" logic along the lines of what Trump himself has been doing. It seems it is hard for them to accept any discussion about a Republican president and if someone questions Trump they they immediately want to imply they support the left. It does not follow logically so it is quite obvious that they have got a very weak case.
                  Whomever you are referring to, it is manifestly not Trump and Graham.
                  So, you are saying that CT are partisan? One cannot honestly disagree with you on this case?
                  The Op-Ed in question is partisan. Objectively, the Democrats' impeachment articles are a sham. Someone who understands the Constitution and the impeachment articles in question could not honestly disagree with me.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• The Reformation took a bad situation and made it worse.

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You mean like hiring a foreign national who used Russian sources to create a dossier that was then used to get a FISA warrant to surveil the opposing candidate?
                      Ah, you must be referring to Ivanka Trump's close personal buddy Christopher Steele. But whilst the Dossier played a part in obtaining the FISA warrant, it was not instrumental in the granting of it. Although, if all your news come from the official state media channel, Fox, you can be excused for not knowing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        The Op-Ed in question is partisan.
                        I beg to differ.

Objectively, the Democrats' impeachment articles are a sham. Someone who understands the Constitution and the impeachment articles in question could not honestly disagree with me.
                        And yet they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                          Just a quick heads up, Carter Page didn't run for president in 2016, and wasn't even working for Trump, so what you're saying there is prime bunkum. That's just an FYI.

We spy on Russia. So do our allies. And when they find a hostile government is working against us, they like to let us know, and they don't really care about upsetting the commies when they do it, or upsetting the folks who are working for them.

It's that whole Evil Empire thing.

Meanwhile, the Russian spies actually working for Russia on our elections hacked the DNC, and released their emails strategically in a campaign to help elect Trump. The first tranche went out the day the "Grab my Putty" tape came out. They started trying to hack Hillary they day after Trump asked for their help on the campaign.

You know who owns the bases we built in Syria now, right?

He's been paying them back ever since.

Not sure why y'all want to go there, either.
                          You do know that the FISA warrant was based on bunk and that Page was working for the CIA hence his Russian contacts and they used that pretext to surveil other Trump people including one high official in the Trump campaign whom Horowitz did not name in the report.

And:

I believe you will find that that is more than Obama did...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You do know that the FISA warrant was based on bunk and that Page was working for the CIA hence his Russian contacts and they used that pretext to surveil other Trump people including one high official in the Trump campaign whom Horowitz did not name in the report.

And:

I believe you will find that that is more than Obama did...
                            He's certainly done more to help out his ally, Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Which contradicts the plain language of the Constitution which explicitly reserves impeachment as a remedy for "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors".

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Ah, you must be referring to Ivanka Trump's close personal buddy Christopher Steele. But whilst the Dossier played a part in obtaining the FISA warrant, it was not instrumental in the granting of it. Although, if all your news come from the official state media channel, Fox, you can be excused for not knowing this.
                                You have no idea what you are talking about:

So either Tass you are completely clueless or dishonest.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment