Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Trump rallies are just bizarre. A president that needs weekly shots of adulation is just plain weird. And it was, in fact, a thing that Mussolini and Hitler both share in common with Mr Trump.
    TDS appears to force its victims to twist everything into a dark parody of reality
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    OTOH it's just kinda fun to point out what Trump has in common with his peers and watch you guys literally lose your minds.
    I understand that Hitler, Mussolini and Trump all accept that the earth orbits the sun also.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]41625[/ATTACH]
      FIFY n/c
      Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Trump rallies are just bizarre. A president that needs weekly shots of adulation is just plain weird.
        That's a nice piece of armchair psychoanalysis. It fits your preconceptions of Trump, so of course it's true.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
        And it was, in fact, a thing that Mussolini and Hitler both share in common with Mr Trump.
        Which argument depends entirely on you demonstrating your amateur psychoanalysis of Trump's motives to be true. Nonetheless, that's a nice slur to throw at a President you have a personal animus against. Just like calling Obama a "secret Muslim" in the context of Islamic terrorism.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
        OTOH it's just kinda fun to point out what Trump has in common with his peers and watch you guys literally lose your minds.
        You're doing your crybully thing again. Complaining when you do the same things that you decry. You complain about MM saying you're "triggered" or using "TDS" to describe you - the above is just a longer way of saying exactly the same thing.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          That's a nice piece of armchair psychoanalysis. It fits your preconceptions of Trump, so of course it's true.

Which argument depends entirely on you demonstrating your amateur psychoanalysis of Trump's motives to be true. Nonetheless, that's a nice slur to throw at a President you have a personal animus against. Just like calling Obama a "secret Muslim" in the context of Islamic terrorism.

You're doing your crybully thing again. Complaining when you do the same things that you decry. You complain about MM saying you're "triggered" or using "TDS" to describe you - the above is just a longer way of saying exactly the same thing.
          Look in the mirror max. So let's see. Each post I create is used as an opportunity to make some claim about how bad I am. So, recognizing that, I decide to feed that dynamic to see just how far it goes. Then when I let on I did that on purpose and I 'gotcha' that is also used as an opportunity make even more claims about how bad I am.

Of course I could have expected no less. In fact, who is to say I'm not still calling the shots here? As long as there are people on this site given over to the hatred of the ox, the ox can make them act like fools any time he wants.

Its the only aspect of debate here that I have any control over.

And oops, i just spilled the beans and so now everybody knows and so now I cant even control that.

Oh well .... next!
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-24-2019, 07:15 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            TDS appears to force its victims to twist everything into a dark parody of reality
            Everybody knew he was unfit for office, once. What made that change for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
              Everybody knew he was unfit for office, once. What made that change for you?
              Christianity Today puts these words on the situation back then: "The 2016 election confronted evangelical voters with an impossible dilemma: Vote for a pro-choice candidate whose policies would advance so much of what we oppose, or vote for an extravagantly immoral candidate who could well damage the standing of the republic and the witness of the church."

I wonder why so many feel obliged to follow him all the way or even most of it, call CT far left or come up with childish stuff like TDS and the like. I like how CT report on some of the positive reactions they received:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...president.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Christianity Today puts these words on the situation back then: "The 2016 election confronted evangelical voters with an impossible dilemma: Vote for a pro-choice candidate whose policies would advance so much of what we oppose, or vote for an extravagantly immoral candidate who could well damage the standing of the republic and the witness of the church."

I wonder why so many feel obliged to follow him all the way or even most of it, call CT far left or come up with childish stuff like TDS and the like. I like how CT report on some of the positive reactions they received:

Amen to those and what they have expressed. We also know children walking away from faith because of the evangelical community's unwavering support for policies under Trump so clearly contrary to Christ's teachings that it was the last straw for them. Why continue to pretend there is anything real about Christian faith when so many that profess it are willing to toss it all in the bin to get what they want politically.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Look in the mirror max. So let's see. Each post I create is used as an opportunity to make some claim about how bad I am. So, recognizing that, I decide to feed that dynamic to see just how far it goes. Then when I let on I did that on purpose and I 'gotcha' that is also used as an opportunity make even more claims about how bad I am.

Of course I could have expected no less. In fact, who is to say I'm not still calling the shots here? As long as there are people on this site given over to the hatred of the ox, the ox can make them act like fools any time he wants.

Its the only aspect of debate here that I have any control over.

And oops, i just spilled the beans and so now everybody knows and so now I cant even control that.

Oh well .... next!
                  I don't think anyone here goes so far as to hate you.** That's part of your problem, that you personalise things too much. And I think you get emotionally involved.

Bro, you're not a victim here, any more than anyone else. It's a rough and tumble place, everyone ( pretty much) dishes it out.... you included. It's not like you never said anything to provoke others, and just got personally attacked for disliking Trump.

If you want more respect, you know what to do. Leonhard is a great example of a poster who disagrees, but doesn't get attacked for it. Maybe read his posts and see how he differs from you?

** JimL, Tassman, Juvenal and Charles seem to like you just fine... ...not that that's necessarily a good thing, though.

We could take a poll, I guess. How many here hate the ox? How many think he has poor taste in music, and dresses odd?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    That was one doozy of a quote-mine by Tazz I think I've ever seen from anyone here in awhile.
                    It's what he does and who he is.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post

Extreme anti- Trump reactions and attacks on people who express any approval for anything Trump says or does tend to harden people in their positions.

When attacked, mocked and belittled people tend to get defensive and hang on tighter to their positions.

The Democrats are doing a great job in entrenching pro-Trump 100% feeling...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                        I don't think anyone here goes so far as to hate you.** That's part of your problem, that you personalise things too much. And I think you get emotionally involved.

Bro, you're not a victim here, any more than anyone else. It's a rough and tumble place, everyone ( pretty much) dishes it out.... you included. It's not like you never said anything to provoke others, and just got personally attacked for disliking Trump.

If you want more respect, you know what to do. Leonhard is a great example of a poster who disagrees, but doesn't get attacked for it. Maybe read his posts and see how he differs from you?

** JimL, Tassman, Juvenal and Charles seem to like you just fine... ...not that that's necessarily a good thing, though.

We could take a poll, I guess. How many here hate the ox? How many think he has poor taste in music, and dresses odd?
                        take a poll? seriously?

I never claimed everyone here had an irrational incapacity to carry on a meaningful conversation with me. Just certain regulars that also happen to evangelical defenders of Donald Trump.

While, I do appreciate the attempt to reach out, there is nothing rational about many of the responses to my posts I have to try to figure out a response to. For the last 4 weeks I've not engaged in any hostile responses of any kind, and have mostly ignored what has come my way. I did get a wild hair here with the "Mussolini' post, but that will result in another 4 weeks of irrational responses at least.

The fact you think there is nothing unusual about the traffic my way or how people like pix respond to a perfectly neutral comment on my part is ... perplexing.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-24-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

You are such a riot pix.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Trump rallies are just bizarre. A president that needs weekly shots of adulation is just plain weird. And it was, in fact, a thing that Mussolini and Hitler both share in common with Mr Trump.

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

you are so ... unable to comprehend even the simplest things.

Like I said, it's just fun at this point to watch you all lose your minds. It's unfortunate too, but since so many of you have made the choice to never again allow constructive conversation between thee and me, I'll just go with it for now.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Literally lose our minds, huh? Sure, bub, whatever you say.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment