Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    Your experience is not universal, unfortunately

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...ing-2019-04-12
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      That would obviously be the view of those who are hopelessly encapsulated in the liberal bubble.
      It is the view of the duly elected House of Representatives. It is Trump clones who support his "bubbles" of unreality.

Well, the Democrats shouldn't have been so feckless as to mount a sham 'investigation'
      See above.

then be too cowardly to advance their shoddy 'work product' to the jury
      The Articles of Impeachment will be forwarded in due course, hopefully when the Senate can give assurances that witnesses and documents will be allowed to enable a fair, impartial trial. Something it has so far refused to do.

By corrupt bitterly partisan clowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        It is the view of the duly elected House of Representatives. It is Trump clones who support his "bubbles" of unreality.
        You neglected to add the adjectives "highly partisan" before "House of Representatives. Not a single Republican in the House agreed.

See above.
        See above.

The Articles of Impeachment will be forwarded in due course,
        While that would be your hope, there's no way you can know that.

hopefully when the Senate can give assurances that witnesses and documents will be allowed to enable a fair, impartial trial. Something it has so far refused to do.
        The Senate has sole power and authority to run the Senate portion of impeachment any way they wish, much to Nancy's chagrin.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• There seems to be Christians on both sides of this issue.

Are all the tweb atheists siding with impeachment?

I'm just noting an odd situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            There seems to be Christians on both sides of this issue.

Are all the tweb atheists siding with impeachment?

I'm just noting an odd situation.
            I mean, yeah

Anyone that's not a Republican has seen through Trump significantly longer than Democratic leadership has. Plus, plenty of the TWeb atheists aren't American and their news doesn't give Trump cover like our news media does

Comment

I mean, yeah

Anyone that's not a Republican has seen through Trump significantly longer than Democratic leadership has. Plus, plenty of the TWeb atheists aren't American and their news doesn't give Trump cover like our news media does

All the non-American news coverage I have seen is unrelentingly anti-Trump, including persistent use of skewed language ('Trump rages' etc) in headlines, and stretching the truth if not breaking it, in content. Nothing positive is said about Trump or anything he does.
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                All the non-American news coverage I have seen is unrelentingly anti-Trump, including persistent use of skewed language ('Trump rages' etc) in headlines, and stretching the truth if not breaking it, in content. Nothing positive is said about Trump or anything he does.
                Seems about right

Trump rages a lot. American media cuts around his insanity. Europeans are calling it like it is because they don't have a vested interest like our news media does. He's a bad leader and easily our most financially corrupt in a century

Comment

Seems about right

Trump rages a lot. American media cuts around his insanity. Europeans are calling it like it is because they don't have a vested interest like our news media does. He's a bad leader and easily our most financially corrupt in a century
                  That's about what I thought you'd say. The ends justify the means, but you still hold the moral high ground.

Comment

That's about what I thought you'd say. The ends justify the means, but you still hold the moral high ground.
                    Lol, what?

Comment

Lol, what?
                      You agreed that it was right for news media to use headline language that biases the reader against Trump before they've read the actual article; and that it was right to stretch or break the truth if it allows a negative view of Trump to be conveyed.

(That's the clear implication of my previous post)

I don't particulary care for Trump, I'm not American, but I don't like the media lying to me or attempting to manipulate me.

If Trump says or does something, I want to see a fair and truthful news analysis of it, not some sleazy attempt to pass off anti-Trump** propaganda as objective journalism.

** I'd be just as unhappy with pro-Trump propaganda.

Comment

You agreed that it was right for news media to use headline language that biases the reader against Trump before they've read the actual article; and that it was right to stretch or break the truth if it allows a negative view of Trump to be conveyed.

(That's the clear implication of my previous post)

I don't particulary care for Trump, I'm not American, but I don't like the media lying to me or attempting to manipulate me.

If Trump says or does something, I want to see a fair and truthful news analysis of it, not some sleazy attempt to pass off anti-Trump** propaganda as objective journalism.

** I'd be just as unhappy with pro-Trump propaganda.
                        See, that was the clear implication, but it was such a mindbogglingly stupid interpretation of my post that I was really hoping to be wrong

Trump rages *all the time*, Max. The skewed coverage is US media hiding it

Comment

See, that was the clear implication, but it was such a mindbogglingly stupid interpretation of my post that I was really hoping to be wrong

Trump rages *all the time*, Max. The skewed coverage is US media hiding it
                          Uh-huh.

When you said "Seems about right" What part exactly of my post was that referring to?

Could you give me two really good examples where the media report says that he "rages" and he does?

Comment

Could you give me two really good examples where the media report says that he "rages" and he does?
                            LOL

Dude,

You might have forgotten me, but I haven't forgotten you. I'll refer you to my previous post about how European media doesn't coddle him like ours does. That is the truth and it remains my answer. Which, incidentally, you never actually directly addressed ;P you just pretended like I'd agreed with you and wrote something wacky
                            Last edited by Jaecp; 01-03-2020, 02:13 AM.

Comment

LOL

Dude,

You might have forgotten me, but I haven't forgotten you. I'll refer you to my previous post about how European media doesn't coddle him like ours does. That is the truth and it remains my answer. Which, incidentally, you never actually directly addressed ;P you just pretended like I'd agreed with you and wrote something wacky
                              The concept that the American media coddles Trump is jaw-droppingly moronic. Analysis repeatedly shows that over 90% of their coverage is negative and they only give grudgingly minimal coverage for how well the economy is doing, the record setting low unemployment rates among minorities, the new trade deals he has worked out or a whole slew of things that they would spotlighting if a Democrat was president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                You neglected to add the adjectives "highly partisan" before "House of Representatives.
                                While that would be your hope, there's no way you can know that.
                                The Senate has sole power and authority to run the Senate portion of impeachment any way they wish,
                                https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...o-help-you-god

Comment