Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But, until he takes out their leader with a drone, he's still pro-Nazi.
    Than they’ll accuse him of killing a US citizen, without trial. You need to think if this through the eyes of TDS because no matter what ,Trump is guilty!
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Trump has said he doesn’t approve of Nazi’s, so go spread your smear campaign somewhere else.
      That doesn't cut it pix. He has also appealed to neo nazi's and white supremacists with his immigration rhetoric and policies, and his less than condemning comments surrounding events like Charlottesville. With groups like that, anything less than complete condemnation of them allows them to believe you are 'really' on their side. Trump has - in act after act - let dictators, despots, and groups like the white supremacists and neo nazi's feel emboldened to do what they do and express their hate more openly across the world. It is what it is, and Trump not forcefully condemning such things and tempering his behavior as a response to understanding how his actions have 'green lighted' them is a big part of the problem.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-06-2020, 11:25 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        That doesn't cut it pix. He has also appealed to neo nazi's and white supremacists with is immigration rhetoric and policies without forcefully condemning such groups when they show him support. With groups like that, anything less than complete condemnation of them allows them to believe you are 'really' on their side. Trump has - in act after act - let dictators, despots, and groups like the white supremacists and neo nazi's feel emboldened to do what they do and express their hat more openly across the world. It is what it is, and Trump not forcefully condemning such things and tempering his behavior as a response to understanding how his actions have 'green lighted' them is a big part of the problem.
        I see TDS has rotted your brain because same things were said about:

Both Bushes, McCain, and Romney.

Are they all Nazi’s too?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Both Bushes, McCain, and Romney.

Are they all Nazi’s too?
          What legitimate reason is there for bringing the Bushes, McCain and Romney into this discussion?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
            I dont think I've ever worked on a political campaign that didn't get fined at least a little bit by our local PDC (state FEC) for being late with forms.
            Has any of them been fined even a tenth of the $375,000 that the Obama campaign was?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What legitimate reason is there for bringing the Bushes, McCain and Romney into this discussion?
              Easy, your post can be changed to any of those names and fit right in with liberal smears.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                Thats not mid wave! Her arm is rigid, her fingers pointed. It's a sieg heil. I've seen them around Portland at conservative events off and on. Those "alt right nuts" all love your guy. They adore Trump. What he does makes the nazi lovers in America happy.

But instead of repudiating the literal nazis that are in Trumps camp (I've met them IRL) you guys prefer to find a bunch of photos of democrats freeze framed during speeches and its still not a proper sieg heil.

Pathetic, each and every one of you.
                Have you ever watched someone's hand come down from waving? The arm is often rigid with fingers pointed. I mean take a good look at some of the pictures of your heroes with their arms out straight, fingers pointed that were posted here

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Easy, your post can be changed to any of those names and fit right in with liberal smears.
                  It's like they use the exact same rhetoric but just fill in the blank for the name. Then again, this IS exactly what happened in several instances right after Trump nominated Kavanaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    It's like they use the exact same rhetoric but just fill in the blank for the name. Then again, this IS exactly what happened in several instances right after Trump nominated Kavanaugh.
                    And you’ll note that the media was more than willing to heap praise on Bush, McCain, and Romney when they clapped, like trained seals, to when they were critical of Trump (and politically irrelevant). Which exposes it all as a lie because why praise those you declared as Nazi’s and racist, years before?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No, they can't pix. That is the point of my question, to have you back up the assertion. Without back up, you are basically saying "no, I don't have a legitimate reason to bring them into the discussion."

Comment

No, they can't pix. That is the point of my question, to have you back up the assertion. Without back up, you are basically saying "no, I don't have a legitimate reason to bring them into the discussion."
                        Yeah they can and they were. Do you need documented proof that liberals have smeared every republican candidate/president as being a racist and Nazi, for decades?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Has any of them been fined even a tenth of the $375,000 that the Obama campaign was?
                          The question isn't the amount but the percentage. There's no reason to be innumerate here.

The distinction between the Obama campaign is one of degree: civil infractions with varying amounts of money raised and fined. The distinction between those campaigns and Trump's is one of kind: civil infractions vs. criminal violations. Failure to report vs. conspiracy to quash negative news stories just before an election.

--Sam
                          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Yeah they can and they were. Do you need documented proof that liberals have smeared every republican candidate/president as being a racist and Nazi, for decades?
                            No pix. Reagan, the bushes it was never like this.

Comment

No pix. Reagan, the bushes it was never like this.
                              Only because the media tells you that Jim. Even The Atlantic admitted that much in 2016:

To which some American conservatives wearily reply: Oh, you don’t say? Jaundiced after hearing past GOP candidates described in similarly extreme terms, some conservatives feel that Democrats and liberal pundits have cried wolf, describing past Republicans with such elevated levels of alarm that warnings about Trump don’t elicit the same urgency.

Dangerously ignorant about policy and incurious about the world? That was the line on George W. Bush 16 years ago. Radical, unacceptable views about women? Said of any number of Republicans. Overrated business career? Just ask Mitt Romney about that one. (Not only was Romney’s success credited to his father’s connection, The New York Times reported,“Mr. Romney, though, never ran a corner store or a traditional business. Instead, he excelled as a deal maker,” which sounds eerily familiar.) A temperament unsuited for the Oval Office? Some said the same thing about John McCain. Fascism? Two videos uploaded by users to a MoveOn contest likened Bush to Adolph Hitler in 2004.* Extreme positions? “He’s the most conservative nominee that they’ve had going back to Goldwater,” top Obama aide David Plouffe said of Romney in 2012.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...d-wolf/493928/

Democrats have been calling republicans racist, sexist, homophobic, etc, for years. Nobody is listening anymore.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Only because the media tells you that Jim. Even The Atlantic admitted that much in 2016:

To which some American conservatives wearily reply: Oh, you don’t say? Jaundiced after hearing past GOP candidates described in similarly extreme terms, some conservatives feel that Democrats and liberal pundits have cried wolf, describing past Republicans with such elevated levels of alarm that warnings about Trump don’t elicit the same urgency.

Dangerously ignorant about policy and incurious about the world? That was the line on George W. Bush 16 years ago. Radical, unacceptable views about women? Said of any number of Republicans. Overrated business career? Just ask Mitt Romney about that one. (Not only was Romney’s success credited to his father’s connection, The New York Times reported,“Mr. Romney, though, never ran a corner store or a traditional business. Instead, he excelled as a deal maker,” which sounds eerily familiar.) A temperament unsuited for the Oval Office? Some said the same thing about John McCain. Fascism? Two videos uploaded by users to a MoveOn contest likened Bush to Adolph Hitler in 2004.* Extreme positions? “He’s the most conservative nominee that they’ve had going back to Goldwater,” top Obama aide David Plouffe said of Romney in 2012.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...d-wolf/493928/

Democrats have been calling republicans racist, sexist, homophobic, etc, for years. Nobody is listening anymore.
                                We (at least I am) are talking about White nationalists and neo-Nazis being accepted and finding in the person something they admire - to the point they can adopt the Nazi salute. Changing that into 'liberals are attacking them as being 'racist, sexist, homophobic, etc') will not fly as 'equivalent'.

Comment