Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As my husband says, the whole impeachment deal is a joke. Many in the Dem party want to get rid of Trump because he threatens their sacred cows-- Roe v Wade and special privileges for LGBT's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Things that have been said many times for several months:

1) Numerous federal officials have testified that the resources were being withheld as part of an extortive quid pro quo and their testimony is backed by contemporaneous documentary evidence.
      And yet none of them were witness to any such admission. And both parties involved (Trump and Zelensky) deny it.

2) Impeachment isn't a criminal trial and the reasonable doubt standard is neither necessary by law or historical precedent.
      Pure BS. The presumed innocent is an internationally held legal right supported by our own constitution's "due process" clause. And that applies to any legal proceeding for any citizen, including the President.

3) There is evidence that Ukrainian officials knew the nature of the quid pro quo and knew it was corrupt, yet were preparing to execute Trump's demand prior to the whistleblower complaint was made public.
      By more hearsay. Heck you yourself just posted something about the hold being in place before the demand was even made. And it was released without any compliance to any presumed extortion.

4) The release of aid came too late in the fiscal year for full disbursement: Congress had to pass an additional law to get the rest of the aid money disbursed.
      So what?

Given all of that and the aforementioned explanation for why Zelensky, still beholden to Trump's good graces, might be hesitant to stick a knife in him, the frequent talking points about "no direct evidence" and "no victim" continue to ring hollow.

--Sam
      As you said, congress passes the aid packages. And congress is against Trump, so why wouldn't Zelensky try to get on the democrat's good side? Instead he just pissed off congress by not playing along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherman View Post
        As my husband says, the whole impeachment deal is a joke. Many in the Dem party want to get rid of Trump because he threatens their sacred cows-- Roe v Wade and special privileges for LGBT's.
        I think it's deeper than that. Personally, I think it's a smokes screen to impede any investigation of Obama/Biden's shady doings in Ukraine. Giuliani agrees. However, I've heard even more farfetched conspiracies from the left being offered. That this is a ploy by Pelosi to get Warren and Sanders bogged down in a senate trial in order to get them out of the election race in favor of Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
          I think it's deeper than that. Personally, I think it's a smokes screen to impede any investigation of Obama/Biden's shady doings in Ukraine. Giuliani agrees. However, I've heard even more farfetched conspiracies from the left being offered. That this is a ploy by Pelosi to get Warren and Sanders bogged down in a senate trial in order to get them out of the election race in favor of Biden.
          Because the Dems never ever imagined that Hillary would NOT be POTUS, and all their secrets would be safe.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As my husband says, the whole impeachment deal is a joke. Many in the Dem party want to get rid of Trump because he threatens their sacred cows-- Roe v Wade and special privileges for LGBT's.
            In short, the very items, i.e. Roe v Wade and equal rights for LGBT's, for which the religious right have overlooked Trump's gross sexual immorality and federal criminal offenses to obtain.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              In short, the very items, i.e. Roe v Wade and equal rights for LGBT's, for which the religious right have overlooked Trump's gross sexual immorality
              This is a lie of the left, Tass --- it is despicable, but...
              a) he wasn't running for a religious position
              2) there appear to be no allegations that that conduct is continuing "in office"

and federal criminal offenses to obtain.
              Calm your little drama queen heart --- that's what this impeachment sham is all about, and if the Democrats are so confident they have the goods on Trump....

HEY, I just had an idea! Why didn't they consult YOU? Trump would probably already be booted out of the White House!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In short, the very items, i.e. Roe v Wade and equal rights for LGBT's, for which the religious right have overlooked Trump's gross sexual immorality and federal criminal offenses to obtain.
                The Clinton's were just as grossly immoral. It's which snake is worse. I don't like Trump, but Hillary was worse.

Comment

The Clinton's were just as grossly immoral. It's which snake is worse. I don't like Trump, but Hillary was worse.
                  I think that's just a falsehood you guilt ridden Trumpsters like to tell yourselves. You may have been told Hillary is corrupt, we know Trump is as corrupt as they come, and he does it right in front of your faces, and laughs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    a) he wasn't running for a religious position
                    So, it’s OK for the religious right to have a self-proclaimed sexual aggressor and adulterer as president. We heathen tend to see such behavior as reflective of serious character flaws.

2) there appear to be no allegations that that conduct is continuing "in office"
                    Yeah right.

Leopards/spots…

that's what this impeachment sham is all about, and if the Democrats are so confident they have the goods on Trump....

HEY, I just had an idea! Why didn't they consult YOU? Trump would probably already be booted out of the White House!
                    More to the point why didn’t they consult the key witnesses with first-hand knowledge – oh that’s right. They’re being blocked from testifying by your liar president. One has to admire the high moral tone set by the man put into office by the religious right. <sarcasm>
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      I think that's just a falsehood you guilt ridden Trumpsters like to tell yourselves. You may have been told Hillary is corrupt, we know Trump is as corrupt as they come, and he does it right in front of your faces, and laughs!
                      The Hillary crap comes largely from lies in the despicable National Enquirer under its CEO, David Pecker, friend and colleague of Trump.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...rvor-for-trump

Comment

So, it’s OK for the religious right to have a self-proclaimed sexual aggressor and adulterer as president.
                        Some day, I'd love to take your brain apart and see why it so frequently malfunctions so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Yeah right.
                          Do you have something you'd like to offer the class, or is this just your big empty head falling off and rolling around again.

Comment

Some day, I'd love to take your brain apart and see why it so frequently malfunctions so badly.
                            Trump has been credibly accused of sexual harassment or assault by over 20 women. He has committed adultery while married to three different women -- the last publicly known transgression, Trump committed felony campaign finance fraud in an attempt to cover it up while James Dobson and other Evangelical leaders were supporting him and calling him "born again" and a "baby Christian". Trump has never expressed contrition to his victims or for his adultery.

I'd love to see a deep dive on why the Evangelical movement frequently malfunctions so badly, myself.

--Sam
                            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Trump has been credibly accused of sexual harassment or assault by over 20 women.
                              While in office?

Comment

While in office?
                                I Timothy 3:2

"An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife [while in office], temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach ..."

Y'all voted for the guy knowing that he was a serial adulterer credibly accused of sexual assault or harassment by a score of women. You can leave that "while in office?" defense back in 2019 and be better for it.

--Sam
                                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment