Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Elite' evangelicals

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

'Elite' evangelicals

. Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nation’s political system.

2. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's an amusing Providential coincidence that the guy's name -- "Galli" -- relates to the barnyard bird family. Undoubtedly this turkey and his bird-brain friends sneer down their beaks at smelly WalMart shoppers, and regard us as irredeemably deplorable. Those pant-loads need to get out more.

FTR, I'm a college graduate (barely, I admit). My circle of friends includes mostly Evangelicals. Several are college graduates, but most are not. Most are Republicans and Trump supporters (but most of us did NOT support him in the primaries). My *family* is mostly non-Evangelical, mostly college educated, mostly moderate Democrat, and mostly anti-Trump. I live in western "Pennsyltucky." Mr. Galli would find many people like me and my friends in Red State America, and we would perceive *him* as the "alien."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    so his op ed in CT recently wasn't him changing his mind about Trump. He had TDS all along. and he is an elitist liberal Christian.
    Last edited by Sparko; 12-21-2019 at 08:17 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wonder what Galli's doctrines about Jesus are. I wonder what his concept of the gospel is. His claim to being an elite evangelical does raise a red flag. The social justice doctrines seem to be more of a popular non-Christian movement rather a concept of unity raised through Christ -- sort of a Democratic atheist moral doctrine.

7. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    His claim to being an elite evangelical does raise a red flag.
    Its a very poor term to use. But he's clearly not saying he's "The best Christian", he's clearly saying "I have a long education and I'm wealthy" as well as being evangelical.

The social justice doctrines seem to be more of a popular non-Christian movement rather a concept of unity raised through Christ -- sort of a Democratic atheist moral doctrine.
    There is nothing inconsistent in the slightest between being a Christian, and supporting welfare and "social justice". The fact that atheists are doing that work is an accident of history, in that the religious right was formed in the US. In other countries the patterns are different.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Deleted
    Last edited by Leonhard; 12-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've read material by Galli in the past though I would not say that I follow him closely by any means. My general impression was that he is a fairly conservative Christian. Before now the incident that popped up most on my radar was when he strongly pushed back against Rob Bell's universalism. The personal attacks like "bird brained" in his thread are unbecoming of descriptions against fellow Christians with whom we disagree though I know saying so will go nowhere here.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

11. Amen Leonhard amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I've read material by Galli in the past though I would not say that I follow him closely by any means. My general impression was that he is a fairly conservative Christian. Before now the incident that popped up most on my radar was when he strongly pushed back against Rob Bell's universalism. The personal attacks like "bird brained" in his thread are unbecoming of descriptions against fellow Christians with whom we disagree though I know saying so will go nowhere here.
    You seem like a pretty decent guy, KG. Just stop it.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You seem like a pretty decent guy, KG. Just stop it.
    I might have missed something Cow Poke. I didn't follow the other thread. But I don't see what's wrong with Kingsgambit's statement.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I might have missed something Cow Poke. I didn't follow the other thread. But I don't see what's wrong with Kingsgambit's statement.
    I was kidding him --- he's a decent guy, and so often that just doesn't "fit" in Tweb's... um..... I was kidding.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

15. Amen Leonhard, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.