Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christmas Truce Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Truce Thread

Much like when the Germans and the Allies put down their weapons in the trenches in 1914, I'm opening this thread as a gesture of peace and goodwill, at least for the next 36 hours anyway.

No nasty words, no mean thoughts.

Just Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

May the Birth of our Savior, and His subsequent life, death, and resurrection motivate and transform all of us to be more like Him.

Merry Christmas TWEB Civics forum people!

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Merry Christmas, Jim. I hope you can spend some time with family.

I'm hosting Christmas for the first time, so the next couple days will be interesting.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I'm hosting Christmas for the first time, so the next couple days will be interesting.
      The marine and his wife are hosting mine.

I asked for dutch apple pie.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Much like when the Germans and the Allies...
        So in your analogy, who are the Germans, and who are the Allies?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Merry Christmas to you and your family, MM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            Merry Christmas to you and your family, MM.
            Thank you. I hope you have a good Christmas as well... and don't forget who it is we're celebrating.

Comment

Have a warm and safe Christmas James...

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

hadn't even crossed my mind which was which MM.

Merry Christmas brother!
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-24-2019, 11:48 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

hadn't even crossed my mind which was which MM.

Merry Christmas brother!
                  Jesus is the reason for the season.

Comment

Not cool MM not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      Not cool MM not cool.
                      I was joking, and ox got it (I think).

Comment

Much like when the Germans and the Allies put down their weapons in the trenches in 1914, I'm opening this thread as a gesture of peace and goodwill, at least for the next 36 hours anyway.

No nasty words, no mean thoughts.

Just Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

May the Birth of our Savior, and His subsequent life, death, and resurrection motivate and transform all of us to be more like Him.

Merry Christmas TWEB Civics forum people!

Jim
                        I hope that you and yours enjoy a Merry Christmas and that we never forget what Christmas commemorates is infinitely more important than something fleeting like politics.

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of this comic:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I hope the greetings extends to those of us here that don't hang about in Civics much!

May our Lord receive all the praise and glory due Him as we celebrate His birth!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Merry Christmas and enjoy this time with your loved ones. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Happy birthday Jesus.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I hope the greetings extends to those of us here that don't hang about in Civics much!

May our Lord receive all the praise and glory due Him as we celebrate His birth!
                              Indeed they do Mossy. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you and yours!

Comment