Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

HDTVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ya done pulled the trigger!
    yep. I was gonna wait, but the sale is over in a few days and I had decided on which one to get after seeing them. I normally keep putting off buying stuff like this pretty much forever, always waiting for the next best thing to be released. But I had the money now and decided to bite the bullet. It will be here tomorrow.

Now I hope I don't get buyer's remorse :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      yep. I was gonna wait, but the sale is over in a few days and I had decided on which one to get after seeing them. I normally keep putting off buying stuff like this pretty much forever, always waiting for the next best thing to be released. But I had the money now and decided to bite the bullet. It will be here tomorrow.

Now I hope I don't get buyer's remorse :-(
      Mrs CP often does the buyer's remorse thing -- I always tell her "when we make a decision, we accept it and move on". Now, there may be lessons learned toward a FUTURE purchase or decision, but nothing to be gained by "woulda shoulda coulda".

Example - she LOVES her new Rav4 hybrid, but the "December Sales Events" are happening, and she was asking "should we have waited"?

I told her "your Nissan XTerra was literally on it's last leg, and we got more for trade-in on it than I ever thought we could, we got a great price on the car, and 2.24% financing from our savings and loan".

Yeah, I've gotten pretty good at making a decision, then "moving on".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I will probably be busy setting up all of my devices this weekend to work with the new TV. IF I can get a friend of mine to come over and help me move things around and lift the TV.

I have been reading the user manual today that I found online. It seems like a pretty nice TV. I hope it works well with my Harmony hub and remote.

Comment

I will probably be busy setting up all of my devices this weekend to work with the new TV. IF I can get a friend of mine to come over and help me move things around and lift the TV.

I have been reading the user manual today that I found online. It seems like a pretty nice TV. I hope it works well with my Harmony hub and remote.
          I would LOVE to be able to buy a large screen TV that ONLY does great picture and sound.

Because of intensive competition, they all have to try to outdo other manufacturers with bells and whistles and gadgets and doodads. ALL of that can be provided through HDMI or optics or other interfaces by disposable devices like Amazon Fire Cube or whatever.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would LOVE to be able to buy a large screen TV that ONLY does great picture and sound.

Because of intensive competition, they all have to try to outdo other manufacturers with bells and whistles and gadgets and doodads. ALL of that can be provided through HDMI or optics or other interfaces by disposable devices like Amazon Fire Cube or whatever.
            Yep. But since they are all smart tvs now, I decided to go with the TV with the best apps. Looks like the Samsung will let me install all of the various apps I want, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Plex, Youtube and a bunch more. The Vizio doesn't let you install anything extra and it didn't have Plex or Youtube.

Since it seems to have everything I want. I can move my old TV and my Roku into the bedroom.

Comment

Looks like I bought it just in time. The price is $1400 now.

And I have the new TV set up now. I have it programed to work with my Logitech Harmony. the setup was easy. It has most of the apps I want on it too. I think it is an android OS. Hooked up my bluetooth mini keyboard/touchpad to it too.

I am sure glad I went with the 65" instead of the 75" or larger! This one looks huge in my living room.

Comment

Looks like I bought it just in time. The price is $1400 now.

And I have the new TV set up now. I have it programed to work with my Logitech Harmony. the setup was easy. It has most of the apps I want on it too. I think it is an android OS. Hooked up my bluetooth mini keyboard/touchpad to it too.

I am sure glad I went with the 65" instead of the 75" or larger! This one looks huge in my living room.
                I'm glad you're glad.

Comment

I'm glad you're glad.
                  I remember the days when a 25" Color TV was considered large and cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

I remember the days when a 25" Color TV was considered large and cost an arm and a leg.
                    Whippersnapper.

I remember when a 19" screen was as big as it got and was often encased in an enormous piece of furniture (a console TV) and cost $800 and up back when upper middle class meant you made $25,000 to $30,000. smiley old.gif

This was when gas was 17 to 19 cents a gallon and you got either S&H green stamps or a free dish or something while a guy cleaned your windows, checked your air pressure and oil while pumping your gas. smiley old.gif smiley old.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Whippersnapper.

I remember when a 19" screen was as big as it got and was often encased in an enormous piece of furniture (a console TV) and cost $800 and up back when upper middle class meant you made $25,000 to $30,000. [ATTACH=CONFIG]41744[/ATTACH]

This was when gas was 17 to 19 cents a gallon and you got either S&H green stamps or a free dish or something while a guy cleaned your windows, checked your air pressure and oil while pumping your gas. [ATTACH=CONFIG]41744[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]41744[/ATTACH]
                      Are you nuts? $25K back in the 50s would be the equivalent to $200K now. Way higher than upper middle class. Middle class was around 4-10K

Comment