Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anti-Trump Christians, Would You Prefer a President Who Supports Secular Social Agend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Nope. You can figure it out if you want to.
    Not really. That was a word salad put through a blender.

But if it makes sense to you...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The fact a president that abuses the power of office and threatens to render ineffective the constitutional safeguards against tyranny should be removed from office could only be overshadowed by a replacement known to present an even greater danger to the republic itself. Trumps replacement would be Pence.
      Real ironic coming from someone who has been cheering on the left's attempt to systematically dismantle our legal system and constitutional protections in their flailing attempt to "get Trump"any way they can.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Well that isn't going to happen Jim so who will you vote for in 2020?
        Someone other than Trump.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          You’re the one saying he’s a wanna be tyrant and dictator. If that was true, lots would be arrested for speaking out against the dear leader (IE Hong Kong protestors). Sorry for pointing out your insane comments and calling them what they are.
          That isnt what I said pix. But the fact you translated what I actually said into that is why we cant communicate. You need to figure out how to read what I'm saying, not what you are imagining I'm trying to say.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Not really. That was a word salad put through a blender.

But if it makes sense to you...
            It's not word salad rogue, but I'm sure it's more in your lane these days to poke fun and support CP giving up than to simply try to understand what was said

Comment

It's not word salad rogue, but I'm sure it's more in your lane these days to poke fun and support CP giving up than to simply try to understand what was said
              Considering that you flatly refused to explain what you meant you are hardly in the position of demanding that others "figure out" what you mean and criticizing those who can't.

Comment

I understood it right away and English is not even my main language so I think it should be possible for other to understand it as well.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

For those that are pretending this post is 'word salad', here is a simplification that should clear the air - at least for those that are honest enough to admit they were wrong:

I see. So how does an atheist call pro trump Christian's fake Christian's justify saying Christian's are calling pro-trump Christian's fake christians?
                  A potential problem here is not the logic but the combination of the use of lengthy and similar descriptive terms for two different things. We have pro-trump Christians, and we have people calling pro trump Christians 'fake Christians'. Lots of adjectives modifying the word 'Christian'. But these are just the terms being used in the post I'm responding to. So, if we substitute pro-Trump Christian with 'PT Christian' and refer to a fake christian just as a 'fake' we just have

----
                  How does an atheist calling a PT Christian 'fake' translate into a Christian calling a PT Christian 'fake'.
                  ----
                  And for those not following the conversation very closely, CP justified saying that Christians were calling PT Christians fake by referring to an atheist that had called PT Christians fake.

The rest follows and can be simplified using similar substitutions if it is also 'too hard to follow'

Exactly how do you derive that conclusion from my statement:

____

I did not imply you merely amened them.

The implication is that it is inconsistent for you to proclaim that calling Trump supporting Christians 'fake Christian'' is bad when you regularly support Christians that tear Trump opposing Christian's down every chance they get. I have never once seen you ever remark their comments were unjustified or went too far. I have seen you explicitly agree with them in their attacks. Even egg them on as it were

Not only that, you regularly participate in labeling Christians you disagree with you on issues related to Trump as mentally unstable.

Comment

Someone other than Trump.
                    So a Christian hating, abortion loving, leftist...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That isnt what I said pix. But the fact you translated what I actually said into that is why we cant communicate. You need to figure out how to read what I'm saying, not what you are imagining I'm trying to say.
                      No Jim, it’s because your brain has been rotted by TDS is why communication breaks down. You contradict yourself so often, it’s a wonder you know what direction north is. You’re pretending we are steps away from a dictatorship. That’s insane because if that was remotely true, we’d see people going to prison, going silent, or disappearing for being critical of Trump. We don’t see any of that going on. Are you afraid that you’ll disappear or something terrible will happen if you make a statement critical of Trump? Can you name specific laws or policies that have changed, that will make it easier to throw you into prison, for being critical of the president? Like I said, you’ve lost your mind and don’t even notice it.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        So a Christian hating, abortion loving, leftist...
                        Well, hopefully, not 'that'. What you dont understand is that Donald Trump is just using Christians to get what he wants. And if Christian's suddenly are no longer useful to him, he'll could easily end up worse to them than those you label Christian hating.

But unless the person nominated on the Democrat side is just a liberal version of Trump, I'll be voting against him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          No Jim, it’s because your brain has been rotted by TDS is why communication breaks down. You contradict yourself so often, it’s a wonder you know what direction north is. You’re pretending we are steps away from a dictatorship. That’s insane because if that was remotely true, we’d see people going to prison, going silent, or disappearing for being critical of Trump. We don’t see any of that going on. Are you afraid that you’ll disappear or something terrible will happen if you make a statement critical of Trump? Can you name specific laws or policies that have changed, that will make it easier to throw you into prison, for being critical of the president? Like I said, you’ve lost your mind and don’t even notice it.
                          Again, I did not say Trump is a tyrant. I said he is working to remove the mechanisms in place that are protections against tyranny.

Apparently, you dont understand the difference.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-27-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Jim, it was a long confusing run-on sentence that would have made Mrs Magillicutty keep you after school for a week. I know you can do better.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              I understood it right away and English is not even my main language so I think it should be possible for other to understand it as well.
                              Charles to the rescue!!!!
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For those that are pretending this post is 'word salad', here is a simplification that should clear the air - at least for those that are honest enough to admit they were wrong:
                                Honest enough?

A potential problem here is not the logic but the combination of the use of lengthy and similar descriptive terms for two different things. We have pro-trump Christians, and we have people calling pro trump Christians 'fake Christians'. Lots of adjectives modifying the word 'Christian'. But these are just the terms being used in the post I'm responding to. So, if we substitute pro-Trump Christian with 'PT Christian' and refer to a fake christian just as a 'fake' we just have
                                See? I knew you could do better!

----
                                How does an atheist calling a PT Christian 'fake' translate into a Christian calling a PT Christian 'fake'.
                                ----

And for those not following the conversation very closely, CP justified saying that Christians were calling PT Christians fake by referring to an atheist that had called PT Christians fake.
                                Actually, I think you just left the reservation --- I don't believe I did any such thing. I brought up the fact that one of YOUR atheist colleagues was calling "PT" Christians fake.

The rest follows and can be simplified using similar substitutions if it is also 'too hard to follow'
                                Sure, Jim.

Comment