Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We told you so. The slope is indeed slippery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That kinda sounds like a trial balloon.
    It sounds like a provocative question, meant to start a discussion. I can see the same happening in an entirely Christian group, where it's a given that the answer is no.

Seems you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      It sounds like a provocative question, meant to start a discussion. I can see the same happening in an entirely Christian group, where it's a given that the answer is no.

The water temperature slowly increases, the frog says 'but it's still fine!'
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The fact there's even a debate in a classroom about it tells me there's probably pro-pedophiles arguing for its inclusion as a societal norm, and those voices must be stirring the pot enough that it makes for relevant subject matter in a classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          The fact there's even a debate in a classroom about it tells me there's probably pro-pedophiles arguing for its inclusion as a societal norm, and those voices must be stirring the pot enough that it makes for relevant subject matter in a classroom.
          How do you reach that conclusion from the question being posed?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Yeah, little jimmy was adamantly defending NAMBLA -- which in turn defends pedophilia. So I guess the confusion is sorta understandable.
            I'm still waiting for Teacher to explain what it is for which I need to apologize.

Seems he was a little quick on the trigger with an accusation of lying with only a really poor excuse of substantiation.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The fact that a college course might consider it a topic worthy of debate is troubling, to say the least.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The fact that a college course might consider it a topic worthy of debate is troubling, to say the least.
                Why? I would not be surprised to see a Christian opening with a slide saying "Is modalism true?" I would not then call for him to be sacked, and thrown out of the seminar. I'd assume he had a slide with that to start a discussion. I wouldn't even be offended if he on that one slide had a list of arguments and quotes from promoters of modalism.

It's the nature of university disputatio, anything can be disputed and questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Then you might also be troubled to learn the age of consent was as low as 10 in US in the 1800s. Was that merely a culture problem or a pedophile problem?

Whether you like it or not, the problem of pedophilia has shades of ambiguity that must be explored and questioned, yes even in a university setting. That Christian men once wed 12 year-old girls, and ancient Hebrew men once impregnated 14-15 year old “women,” should make you want to know more about the origins and causes of pedophilia.
                  Last edited by whag; 12-30-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    That should be easy enough for the source to have investigated instead of only offering a slide.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      The water temperature slowly increases, the frog says 'but it's still fine!'

Age of consent in US in 1819: 10-12
                      Age of consent in US in 2019: 16-18

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Summit News, Sparko, really, Paul Joseph Watson! Consider your sources, Sparko, before re-distributing fake news.
                        ad hom? LOL.

The article is writing about a student's tweet on the matter and there is a photograph of the actual slide in the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          ad hom? LOL.

The article is writing about a student's tweet on the matter and there is a photograph of the actual slide in the OP.
                          Yes but it’s typical of that source to extrapolate so much from one slide. So what exactly did you mean by “We told you so”? What did you tell us that that single presentation slide confirms?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                            Age of consent in US in 1819: 10-12
                            Age of consent in US in 2019: 16-18
                            Quite a trend, I wonder if it is linear growth, because if it is some kind of exponential growth.....

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                              Quite a trend, I wonder if it is linear growth, because if it is some kind of exponential growth.....
                              Hahahaha

Age of consent in US by 2119: 54-56

Comment

Why? I would not be surprised to see a Christian opening with a slide saying "Is modalism true?" I would not then call for him to be sacked, and thrown out of the seminar. I'd assume he had a slide with that to start a discussion. I wouldn't even be offended if he on that one slide had a list of arguments and quotes from promoters of modalism.

It's the nature of university disputatio, anything can be disputed and questioned.
                                Modalism isn't immoral or violent to children.

Comment