Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

End of the Year Giving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the Year Giving

Please consider supporting us.

Link

------

How can you support us? Let’s plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

Since I don’t know for sure what I could write on Monday and Tuesday of next week, I want to be sure to cover this topic now. It’s getting close to the end of the year. Many times, some people want to make that last donation of the year for taxes. I would really like to encourage you to give to us here at Deeper Waters.

We have this web site, we have a podcast, and I have been doing more debates and hope to do more talks soon. If you’re interested, we also have a newsletter that you can subscribe to. We are working hard on getting the podcast up to date.

And who do we depend on for this?

You.

Due to my wife’s Social Security, it affects all of our other ability to earn aside from through this means and that is the donations done through Risen Jesus. That means the more you support us, the more we are able to do. If you do get a blessing from the work done here, it is proper to consider taking part in the planting and harvesting of the material.

Go to this page and look on the side where you see something to help support our work. That takes you to the ministry of Risen Jesus, the ministry of my in-laws. Make your donation and get in touch with them or Allie and I and let us know you made a donation and you want it to go to us. It will be tax-deductible.

Your gift gives us encouragement and more ability to function here. The more we get, the more that we can do. It gives us freedom to be able to do the things that we do. When a church pays a minister, they pay him so he can be free also to do all the necessary work in preparation for Sunday and all the work throughout the week, like counseling, visitation, confession in some orders, and other things.

I would like to be able to do more writing projects. Your donation helps with that. It would be great to someday give some pay to anyone who is willing to help with the production and editing of the podcast. Your donations help. It would be great to do some advertising of what we do here. Your donations help with that.

They also give the gift of encouragement. It means a lot to know that you believe in us and want to bless us. Encouragement goes a long way. Years ago, a pastor told me to keep an encouragement folder on my computer for good compliments I get to remind me when I start to lose hope. It’s a good reminder.

All of this works to getting us to our goals of having a bigger platform and more outreach. One hope I have really is to get us on the radio someday with the podcast. As far as I know, our podcast spends more time than any other podcast in the interview process for a more in-depth look and a radio approach would be even more professional and reach more people. Your help is required for that.

So please consider becoming a regular giver to the ministry of Deeper Waters. Just a small amount every month can make all the difference, especially if several people do this. You might think that $20 a month or so is no big deal, but to us, it is tremendous, and if 100 people did that, that would be $2000 a month, something that would be extremely helpful to us.

Thank you again for reading this blog and listening to our show and just caring. Your friendship means so much to Allie and I. We hope you had a Merry Christmas and we hope you have a great 2020.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters