Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Muslim extremists destroy 3000 year old Assyrian artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim extremists destroy 3000 year old Assyrian artifacts

http://www.apsa2011.com/index.php/en...1-04-2016.html

There goes ancient sculptures that have survived several thousand years - dissolved into dust by the hammers of morons.

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
    http://www.apsa2011.com/index.php/en...1-04-2016.html

There goes ancient sculptures that have survived several thousand years - dissolved into dust by the hammers of morons.
    Shades of the fate of the Buddhas of Bamiyan

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Shades of the fate of the Buddhas of Bamiyan

Was thinking EGGzackly the same thing. And the response of the UN is.....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Islam is a religion of peace, don't you know? Islam means "peace" for crying out loud!

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
          Islam is a religion of peace, don't you know? Islam means "peace" for crying out loud!

K54
          Actually it means "submission". I wonder why people tend to leave that fact out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Actually it means "submission". I wonder why people tend to leave that fact out.
            I was gonna point that out, but I think he was being facetious / sarcastic.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I was gonna point that out, but I think he was being facetious / sarcastic.
              Yeah, I know. Not everybody goes and looks at the actual definition though.

Comment

Morons.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So....is there any other source for this? Trying to get a better picture of what's going on, but all the links I find source back to the APSA2011. The page linked has this bit: Al-Hasakah - Tell Ajaja : Illegal excavations 24.05.2014 which really doesn't make sense.

And...I'm not sure they'd be classified as 'morons'. Barring further context, it's not really a surprise that an extremist group would seek to destroy 'idols'.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

My parents would be happy to hear this news*.

*They aren't Muslims, but they do belong to a stupid cult that vilifies anything and everything "pagan".
                    Last edited by Duragizer; 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM.
                    "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

Originally posted by apsa2011
                      According to information received from the south of Al-Hasakeh region, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) has arrested looters of antiquities and intentionally destroyed ancient statues dating back to the Assyrian period found during illicit excavations at Tell Ajaja.
                      According to that, the looters didn't do the destroying. I'm not buying it on the basis of what is available on that site.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Morons.
                        They PREFER to be called Latter Day Sa......

oh

nevermind

Comment