Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Fulfilled prophecy - A famine of the word of the Lord

  1. #31
    tWebber Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,825
    Amen (Given)
    733
    Amen (Received)
    1506
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    My claim is that there is a period of about 400 years of silence, if you don't count the apocrypha.
    Your claim was that there was a period of about 400 years of silence, especially if you don't count the apocrypha. You've now changed your claim without ever admitting that the original claim was wrong.
    You made that up. You couldn't possibly know whether or not it is true.
    Well, see the scriptures I mentioned, Paul's instructions on prophecy indicate that there was a new era of prophecy starting, in the Christian church.
    No they don't. You made that up too.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

    mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

    Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

  2. #32
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,403
    Amen (Given)
    465
    Amen (Received)
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Your claim was that there was a period of about 400 years of silence, especially if you don't count the apocrypha. You've now changed your claim without ever admitting that the original claim was wrong.
    I think it's pretty clear what I meant! But I will agree that my claim should have been more carefully worded.

    No they don't. You made that up too.
    But a flat denial is not an argument...

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  3. #33
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,839
    Amen (Given)
    1656
    Amen (Received)
    1008
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    I think it's pretty clear what I meant! But I will agree that my claim should have been more carefully worded.
    No it was not clear.

    But a flat denial is not an argument...

    Blessings,
    Lee
    The flat denial is based on historical facts.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  4. #34
    tWebber Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,825
    Amen (Given)
    733
    Amen (Received)
    1506
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    But a flat denial is not an argument...
    Nor was your flat (and false) assertion.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

    mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

    Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

  5. #35
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,403
    Amen (Given)
    465
    Amen (Received)
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Nor was your flat (and false) assertion.
    I asserted that there was a period of about 400 years of silence (if you don't include the apocrypha), and gave a link as evidence.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  6. #36
    tWebber Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,825
    Amen (Given)
    733
    Amen (Received)
    1506
    Conversational context restored and emphasis added:
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, see the scriptures I mentioned, Paul's instructions on prophecy indicate that there was a new era of prophecy starting, in the Christian church.
    No they don't. You made that up too.
    But a flat denial is not an argument...
    Nor was your flat (and false) assertion.
    I asserted that there was a period of about 400 years of silence (if you don't include the apocrypha), and gave a link as evidence.
    You aren't capable of following a conversation, you can't remember what you wrote, and you can't be bothered to check.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

    mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

    Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

  7. #37
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,403
    Amen (Given)
    465
    Amen (Received)
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Conversational context restored and emphasis added:You aren't capable of following a conversation, you can't remember what you wrote, and you can't be bothered to check.
    That wasn't a flat assertion either, Paul's instructions do indicate that a new era of prophecy was underway.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  8. #38
    tWebber Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,825
    Amen (Given)
    733
    Amen (Received)
    1506
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    That wasn't a flat assertion either, Paul's instructions do indicate that a new era of prophecy was underway.
    You aren't capable of following a conversation, you can't remember or understand what you wrote, and you can't be bothered to check.

    Or maybe you just don't know what an assertion is.
    Last edited by Roy; 03-24-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

    mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

    Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •