Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fulfilled prophecy - A famine of the word of the Lord

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    My claim is that there is a period of about 400 years of silence, if you don't count the apocrypha.
    Your claim was that there was a period of about 400 years of silence, especially if you don't count the apocrypha. You've now changed your claim without ever admitting that the original claim was wrong.
    You made that up. You couldn't possibly know whether or not it is true.
    Well, see the scriptures I mentioned, Paul's instructions on prophecy indicate that there was a new era of prophecy starting, in the Christian church.
    No they don't. You made that up too.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Your claim was that there was a period of about 400 years of silence, especially if you don't count the apocrypha. You've now changed your claim without ever admitting that the original claim was wrong.
    I think it's pretty clear what I meant! But I will agree that my claim should have been more carefully worded.

But a flat denial is not an argument...

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it's pretty clear what I meant! But I will agree that my claim should have been more carefully worded.
    No it was not clear.

Blessings,
    Lee
    The flat denial is based on historical facts.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nor was your flat (and false) assertion.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I asserted that there was a period of about 400 years of silence (if you don't include the apocrypha), and gave a link as evidence.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Conversational context restored and emphasis added:
    Well, see the scriptures I mentioned, Paul's instructions on prophecy indicate that there was a new era of prophecy starting, in the Christian church.
    I asserted that there was a period of about 400 years of silence (if you don't include the apocrypha), and gave a link as evidence.
    You aren't capable of following a conversation, you can't remember what you wrote, and you can't be bothered to check.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Conversational context restored and emphasis added:You aren't capable of following a conversation, you can't remember what you wrote, and you can't be bothered to check.
    That wasn't a flat assertion either, Paul's instructions do indicate that a new era of prophecy was underway.

Blessings,
    Lee

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That wasn't a flat assertion either, Paul's instructions do indicate that a new era of prophecy was underway.
    You aren't capable of following a conversation, you can't remember or understand what you wrote, and you can't be bothered to check.

Or maybe you just don't know what an assertion is.
    Last edited by Roy; 03-24-2020 at 10:11 AM.