Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

A Friend's Legal Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Friend's Legal Trouble

A friend of mine was arrested Friday - I don't think it's okay to share a lot of the particulars and I honestly don't know all of them. At this point it looks like a combination of personal stupidity and negligence on the friend's part and possible entrapment on the complainant's part. I see cause to believe both with the little I know.

No idea what is going to happen on the criminal case - no reason to expect the worst. The friend is wanting to sue - so possible civil case to come.

Requesting prayers for the friend and their family, of course.

As many times as I've managed to screw up my own life - admittedly, not this particular way - what's wrong with me that I wanna shake that friend until brains grow in? Lord, help me show the grace I've been shown so many times before and not judgment I've no right or cause to show.

How the heck...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Prayed.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Comment

So, friend had exactly one sheet of paper - the appearance bond. The same police department that prints five pages for a traffic citation provided only that? So friend has been HIGHLY encouraged to call the courthouse tomorrow to find out all the stuff that wasn't on the bond... Scatter brained...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

My friend was arrested again this morning. No new charges but a formalization of the now 21 counts of the existing charges. Now their employer is aware and without an aquittal, may not be able to continue the employment (this is to be expected in that job). They couldn't make the second bail and the hearing, with a public defender, is tomorrow at 1:30.

I don't get this - it's a fourth degree charge (still) and a misdemeanor. The friend hasn't (to my knowledge) violated the original conditions nor are there new or changes to the charges. So why the heck?...

I don't have a car at the moment so I won't be attending (probably ill advised anyway).

The family is awaiting a disability determination so they only have one income (not counting the daughter's PT job) and now this.

Lord, please help...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, bail remains unchanged and beyond their means. A relative may be able to help tomorrow, so there's that. The trial is scheduled for the 16th and they are waiting to hear from the public defender.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The relative managed to help and they made bail. New trial date in June.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment