Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Good guys with a gun stop bad guy with a gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Because he was shot, before he could fire off more, idiot.
    And, it's sounding more like this was a personal squabble with one or two individuals, not necessarily intended as a "mass shooting". Still getting more info.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Good thing he only had a shotgun and not a military style semi-automatic or he may have killed many more parishioners including the security team.
      obviously you have no idea what damage a shotgun can do. And they come in semi-automatic too. A Semi-auto shotgun can do a heck of a lot more damage than an AR-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        obviously you have no idea what damage a shotgun can do. And they come in semi-automatic too. A Semi-auto shotgun can do a heck of a lot more damage than an AR-15.
        One round of double o buck can take out three or four people in close proximity.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Meanwhile, in Texas:

Comment

I'm a carrying member of my church's "Safety Team". (Apparently our insurance rates are significantly affected if we have a "Security Team"). Our team lead is former military and a Texas Weapons License instructor. He owns his own shooting range and has us come practice regularly...and assesses our shooting abilities. We have quarterly "practices" where we go over strategy in different scenarios...etc.

I've been hunting for years and have actually killed a deer with my .40 cal S&W. I hope to never need to use it like this but, we are prepared in case it's needed we do. I"m glad they were prepared as this could have been much worse.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Meanwhile, in Texas:
              Not sure what that is.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Not sure what that is.
                They heard a pop and all drew out their weapons. I guess being in Texas, the entire store carrying is normal for you though.

Comment

If this were your typical mass shooting, it would be scrutinized to the point we'd know the entire history of the shooter by now. It would be nice to know the back story of this guy, who he was, why he did it, if he knew folks inside were armed or not? The last question is something I'd be exceptionally interested in. But I get the feeling this story will be buried in the MSM soon for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    Glad to see one of the rare instances where people with guns actually did good with them.
                    Rare? There are accounts all the time in the news where homeowners and innocent victims with firearms were able to protect themselves and others. And sometimes save the courts a few dollars.
                    When I Survey....

Comment

They heard a pop and all drew out their weapons. I guess being in Texas, the entire store carrying is normal for you though.

I think CP meant that whatever you posted isn't showing up except as a little white box. That's all I see anyway.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        If this were your typical mass shooting, it would be scrutinized to the point we'd know the entire history of the shooter by now. It would be nice to know the back story of this guy, who he was, why he did it, if he knew folks inside were armed or not? The last question is something I'd be exceptionally interested in. But I get the feeling this story will be buried in the MSM soon for obvious reasons.
                        yep anything that does not fit the4 Guns bad, All gun owners are evil narrative they will bury it. like they do any time a Good man or woman with a gun stops bad stuff from happening.

Comment

The Gungrabbing narrative starts here with someone tries to make this a reason to grab guns by not telling the whole truth
                          Rep. Veronica Escobar @RepEscobar
                          Another tragic deadly shooting in Texas. In a church. Where congregants had guns.

My prayers & condolences go to the White Settlement community members who have to endure this awful pain.

⁦@GovAbbott⁩ and ⁦@senatemajldr
                          ⁩ - when will you act?
                          What Rep Veronica Escobar didn't to tell you is that the evil man with the shot gun who was shooting at the congregations was not a congregant it was one of the people who were part of congregation that stopped him with the gun they have a right to hold. The governor and senate majority leader did act they allowed churches to letting people in their congregation carry. just because she doesn't think law abiding citizens should have guns to protect themselves doesn't mean she is right about our Rights to carry guns

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            I think CP meant that whatever you posted isn't showing up except as a little white box. That's all I see anyway.
                            Yeah, that!

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                              Rare? There are accounts all the time in the news where homeowners and innocent victims with firearms were able to protect themselves and others. And sometimes save the courts a few dollars.
                              But, because they're successful, they don't make the nightly news.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                yep anything that does not fit the4 Guns bad, All gun owners are evil narrative they will bury it. like they do any time a Good man or woman with a gun stops bad stuff from happening.
                                If he wasn't a regular attendee, he probably figured folks in a church would be a good target because he thought they'd be unarmed. From all the sources I've looked at, they haven't identified the shooter yet. I suspect it's because the scenario doesn't work in favor of gun control and/or he was some triggered leftist who wanted to get even with evil Trump supporting evangelicals or something.

Comment