Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Good guys with a gun stop bad guy with a gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good guys with a gun stop bad guy with a gun...

Suspect shoots and kills 2 inside a Texas church before parishioners fatally shoot him

A man shot and killed two people during a church service in White Settlement, Texas, on Sunday before two members of the church security team shot and killed him, authorities said.

City Police Chief J.P. Bevering said it appeared the shooter walked into West Freeway Church of Christ and sat down in the sanctuary, then stood, pulled out a shotgun and shot two parishioners.

"There was a security team inside the church and they eliminated the threat," Bevering said.
    Bevering praised the churchgoers who returned fire and killed the suspect as "heroic" and said there is no ongoing threat.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Suspect shoots and kills 2 inside a Texas church before parishioners fatally shoot him

A man shot and killed two people during a church service in White Settlement, Texas, on Sunday before two members of the church security team shot and killed him, authorities said.

City Police Chief J.P. Bevering said it appeared the shooter walked into West Freeway Church of Christ and sat down in the sanctuary, then stood, pulled out a shotgun and shot two parishioners.

"There was a security team inside the church and they eliminated the threat," Bevering said.
    Bevering praised the churchgoers who returned fire and killed the suspect as "heroic" and said there is no ongoing threat.
    Good thing he only had a shotgun and not a military style semi-automatic or he may have killed many more parishioners including the security team.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I think one of the armed members was a former FBI agent.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Good thing he only had a shotgun and not a military style semi-automatic or he may have killed many more parishioners including the security team.
        Shotguns are more deadly at close ranges, than an AR.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          And many shotguns are semi-auto. Mine is a Russian model built on an AK-47 frame. Liberals are often incredibly ignorant of firearms.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            They may be more deadly but they can't get off as many rounds and kill or wound as many people as fast as an AR.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              And many shotguns are semi-auto. Mine is a Russian model built on an AK-47 frame. Liberals are often incredibly ignorant of firearms.
              That doesn't mean this shotgun was, the guy only got off 2 rounds killing 2 people.

Comment

Ya think? The entire Assault Weapon ban was based entirely on cosmetics (which guns "looked scary") rather than functionality. And I can't count the number of times that I've heard local reporters refer to semi-autos as being fully automatic and "machine guns."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They may be more deadly but they can't get off as many rounds and kill or wound as many people as fast as an AR.
                  Jimmy, there’s videoclips out there of people firing a pump action, hitting 5 clay pigeons, in less than 5 seconds. Shotguns do come in semi auto set ups and, with practice, a pump action can be shot just as fast as a semi auto. Just stop talking, you have no clue what you’re talking about.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That doesn't mean this shotgun was, the guy only got off 2 rounds killing 2 people.
                    Because he was shot, before he could fire off more, idiot.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

For Jimmy’s assertion that shotguns can’t be rapid fire:

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Glad to see one of the rare instances where people with guns actually did good with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Glad to see one of the rare instances where people with guns actually did good with them.
                          This Church is using a model that is quickly being adopted by other churches. My church ins in the same security advisory group.

Comment

This Church is using a model that is quickly being adopted by other churches. My church ins in the same security advisory group.
                            Note I meant to write private citizens instead of people, I think cops tend to do a lot better with guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Note I meant to write private citizens instead of people, I think cops tend to do a lot better with guns.
                              That's what I thought you meant - and in many cases, churches are using off-duty and/or retired police officers or military. There is an absolute focus within this model to make sure we don't end up with a bunch of well-intended private citizens shooting each other up in their zeal to "get the bad guy".

There is MUCH focus on "angle of attack" --- where would the bad buy enter, who would have the best opportunity to engage him without endangering fellow church goers.

Comment