Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Trump Comes Under Fire After Sharing Name Of Alleged Whistleblower On Twitter

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It would also depend on the reliability of the eye witness. If the eye witness kept changing his story and "remembering" things that contradict his earlier testimony, then I would toss out his testimony.

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    It would also depend on the reliability of the eye witness. If the eye witness kept changing his story and "remembering" things that contradict his earlier testimony, then I would toss out his testimony.
    You have yet to grapple with the fact that Sondland's incriminating testimony is backed by other witnesses, including Taylor and Morrison, and that contemporaneous documentary evidence exists.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" ó Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

4. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You have yet to grapple with the fact that Sondland's incriminating testimony is backed by other witnesses, including Taylor and Morrison, and that contemporaneous documentary evidence exists.

--Sam
    And his story changes from one favorable to himself to one which paints him in a negative light. Now he's shown to be both disloyal to the US and a liar on the world stage.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Not when Sondlandís revised story corroborated the testimonies of the other witnesses. And given that initially he seemed to be attempting loyalty to Trumpís bogus denials of a quid quo pro - until it was no longer credible to continue doing so.
    ďHe felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.Ē - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    It could be admissible for other reasons but not as proof that there was no quid pro quo. Itís like trying to prove trump had the biggest inauguration crowd by having a witness testify that trump had told him he had the biggest inauguration crowd. Itís hearsay.
    Granted - confirms or refutes the statement having been made, not its veracity.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If thereís overwhelming circumstantial evidence pointing one way but itís contradicted by the direct evidence of an eye witness then which one is more reliable?
    Child dies on third admission to ER for ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) poisoning. Mother is subsequently convicted on the circumstantial evidence (non-diagnostic test being the only one done - and no, that wasn't medical error). The only testimony contradicting the circumstantial was the husband's.

Nearly three years later (if memory serves) conviction overturned at prosecution's request and prosecution made a public apology. The overwhelming circumstantial evidence had been overwhelmingly wrong - even the cause of death was wrong. The child had died of natural causes and only because a younger sibling was stricken with the same rare disorder and Unsolved Mysteries aired the case did the truth come out.

We have trials so each case is heard on its own merits.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The same can be said concerning mistaken eyewitness testimony. Can't remember which jurist said it and to paraphrase "I'd trust the evidence of one bloody fingerprint over a dozen eyewitnesses."
    Granted - but that's why we have trials.

My Personal Blog

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Also considering how many eyewitness convictions have been overturned by DNA.
    And circumstantial cases as well...

My Personal Blog

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Anyone else remember this test?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.