Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Comes Under Fire After Sharing Name Of Alleged Whistleblower On Twitter

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump Comes Under Fire After Sharing Name Of Alleged Whistleblower On Twitter

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/29/79222...-whistleblower

"President Trump has come under fire after retweeting a post to his 68 million followers on Twitter that included a name linked to the alleged whistleblower whose complaint about the president's dealings with Ukraine prompted the impeachment inquiry.

It is not expressly illegal for the president to unmask the name of the whistleblower. There are, however, federal protections that prevent retaliation against whistleblowers."

I'm curious to hear if there are any willing to defend this action. Do you see this is as within his rights to "face his accuser" or something along those lines? Would you really be ok with anyone else on planet doing something similar?

Does it give you pause that Fox News doesn't include the whistleblowers name in their reporting of this story?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...w1LLstM0BCFaIt

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't care to defend it, but I'm wondering who out there didn't already know who the alleged whistle blower was?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The whistleblower's name has been public knowledge for two-months after it was published by Real Clear Investigations at the end of October, and it is easily found using any internet search engine, including the heavily censored Google (when I searched for "whistleblower identity", it was the third result).

Complaining about Trump mentioning something that has been in the wild for 8-weeks is a bit silly.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

5. Amen seanD, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The whistleblower's name has been public knowledge for two-months after it was published by Real Clear Investigations at the end of October, and it is easily found using any internet search engine, including the heavily censored Google (when I searched for "whistleblower identity", it was the third result).

Complaining about Trump mentioning something that has been in the wild for 8-weeks is a bit silly.
    This is such a dumb issue.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Will you post the name in this thread?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Will you post the name in this thread?
    Eric Ciaramella. He's a CIA stooge and associate of Vindman who was feeding him gossip from the White House.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    (MM's Response)
    Do you think spreading this information is in keeping with our national security interests?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Do you think spreading this information is in keeping with our national security interests?
    Is this satire?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

13. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Since you appear to be new, I'm not sure how to take you. Are you actually SERIOUS?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

15. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Since you appear to be new, I'm not sure how to take you. Are you actually SERIOUS?
    I'm seriously asking if you believe spreading the name of the *alleged* whistleblower is in keeping with our national security interests. If you / seanD think I'm joking you can feel free to reply with "yes / neutral" and we can go from there. I don't want to presume your thoughts.

Do you think it is in keeping with our national security interests to spread the name of the *alleged* whistleblower (you might not even have the right person!)?
    Last edited by DivineOb; 12-30-2019 at 12:05 PM.