Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Comes Under Fire After Sharing Name Of Alleged Whistleblower On Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Just stop with your accusations Ox. I am sick and tired of it. Stop attacking me. I am not even talking to you any more about politics, yet you keep attacking ME and responding to MY posts. Why don't you just leave me alone as I am trying to do with you???
    To keep up his persecution mania, he wants to be attacked. No one (counter)-attacks him, so he needs to attack people to get them to attack back.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It's a rather curious distortion of the law to indict someone, and then try to use the indictment itself as leverage for gathering evidence to support the indictment.
      Maybe the focus groups were out of town for the holidays?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Just stop with your accusations Ox. I am sick and tired of it. Stop attacking me. I am not even talking to you any more about politics, yet you keep attacking ME and responding to MY posts. Why don't you just leave me alone as I am trying to do with you???

My response was my read of his post. He basically said the direct evidence, not hearsay, was with the witnesses that Trump blocked. That means the only direct evidence they had was, oh wait, NONE. All they had was opinion and hearsay. And people who kept changing their story. That means they impeached Trump without actual evidence and now they want to get the evidence to support their impeachment after the fact. That is what Sam basically admitted with his post. If you don't agree that is your opinion, but don't accuse me of distorting the meaning of another's post, as you just did with mine.

This is my last response to you. You are back on my virtual ignore.
        Wow - you got lots of support for that post dragging me through the mud. Must be nice.

As accusations go, it was simply an observation. You, CP, rogue, demi, you all have a very hard time actually answering the content of a post without first twisting its meaning one way or the other.

As for leaving you alone - what was the response of the majority of the hometown players here when I asked CP to leave me alone when he had gotten under my skin and I found out I could not use my short term ignore to give myself and him some time to cool down?

Mostly it was laughter, mockery, some comments like I need to just "tough it out, just don't look at his posts" I think was at least one comment.

And you know what didn't happen. CP didn't honor my request. And not one of you even so much as offered an ounce of support for me.

So why do you expect I'd leave you alone. Do you deep down believe I hold myself to a higher standard than the rest of you and so for some reason you think I might honor that request?

Interesting.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-31-2019, 05:47 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          So why do you expect I'd leave you alone. Do you deep down believe I hold myself to a higher standard than the rest of you and so for some reason you think I might honor that request?
          After all your sanctimonious posturing, I appreciate this frank acknowledgement of a vengeful heart. We're making progress.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Let's say for the sake of argument that Sondland's testimony is wholly unreliable. Fine, toss it all out. But you can't toss out his contemporaneous text message to Bill Taylor stating that Taylor misunderstood the President's intentions, and that the President was "crystal clear" that there was to be no quid pro quo of any kind. You also can't toss out the repeated statements from Ukrainian officials, including President Zelensky, that there was no pressure, and that they were never explicitly or implicitly told that release of aid was tied to their willingness to conduct investigations into Joe and Hunter Biden.

Any reasonable prosecutor would look at a case like this and walk away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              To keep up his persecution mania, he wants to be attacked. No one (counter)-attacks him, so he needs to attack people to get them to attack back.
              The lot of you are so perverse! It's really quite incredible.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                After all your sanctimonious posturing, I appreciate this frank acknowledgement of a vengeful heart. We're making progress.
                Sorry Demi. All I did there was help him realize he didn't have a leg to stand on in terms of expecting me to honor his request.

I never said I would not honor his request or would actually in vengence return to him what so many dealt out to me.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  You would be wrong. The President would be ultimately responsible for having the leak criminally prosecuted, but only in theory.
                  Whistleblowing is not leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    And leaking is not whistleblowering.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Wow - you got lots of support for that post dragging me through the mud. Must be nice.

As accusations go, it was simply an observation. You, CP, rogue, demi, you all have a very hard time actually answering the content of a post without first twisting its meaning one way or the other.
                      Here we go again.

As for leaving you alone - what was the response of the majority of the hometown players here when I asked CP to leave me alone when he had gotten under my skin and I found out I could not use my short term ignore to give myself and him some time to cool down?
                      Jim, it was really a dumb request --- if you can't stand the heat, as they say, stay out of the kitchen. Nobody forces you to show up here.

Mostly it was laughter, mockery, some comments like I need to just "tough it out, just don't look at his posts" I think was at least one comment.
                      You can dish it out, but you can't take it, so, yeah, it was seen as rather goofy.

And you know what didn't happen. CP didn't honor my request. And not one of you even so much as offered an ounce of support for me.
                      You're free to ignore anything I say, Jim. I'm free to post, and you're free not to respond. If you don't have that much discipline, it's on you.

Interesting.
                      Read your signature, Jim, and ask yourself if you're living up to your own advice. Or be honest enough to delete the signature because it's not how you're actually behaving.

By the way, I was minding my own business again when you dragged me into this.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Not hearsay. They are both testifying as firsthand witnesses who spoke directly with Trump.

For the record, the definition of hearsay is "evidence based not on a witness's personal knowledge but on another's statement not made under oath".

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          And leaking is not whistle blowing. Ciaramella is a leaker, not a whistle blower.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            And leaking is not whistle blowing. Ciaramella is a leaker, not a whistle blower.
                            I assume you slept through 2019; I hope you do better in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                              I assume you slept through 2019; I hope you do better in 2020.
                              We're all going to be wide awake on election night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                If this is him, he has a history of protesting.

Bridging the gap between the US and the Middle East through the use of the Arab language?

Comment