More on Galli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Galli

What about the moral claims Galli raised?

LinkMark Galli and his editorial on President Trump

I actually *do* have a problem with upholding Martin Luther King Jr. as a good example of a modern-day Christian saint for the reasons stated. His flagrant immorality that he appears to have never repented of seem to be disqualifying from any sort of Christian leadership, and I suspect most Christians just don't know about it.

With all due respect, though, trying to deny that Trump's Twitter behavior has not reflected dishonesty and boastfulness hardly seems to be a tenable position or certainly a battle worth picking. This doesn't detract from your broader point but does come across as denying the obvious.
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 01-01-2020, 11:00 AM.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I actually *do* have a problem with upholding Martin Luther King Jr. as a good example of a modern-day Christian saint for the reasons stated. His flagrant immorality that he appears to have never repented of seem to be disqualifying from any sort of Christian leadership, and I suspect most Christians just don't know about it.

With all due respect, though, trying to deny that Trump's Twitter behavior has not reflected dishonesty and boastfulness hardly seems to be a tenable position or certainly a battle worth picking. This doesn't detract from your broader point but does come across as denying the obvious.
      I would want to know specific tweets that are had in mind.

I am not saying we uphold King on Christian character. We do uphold him on his cause though despite how flawed the instrument was.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Why do we, as Christians, demand sinlessness from those we regard as heroic saints? Any heroic virtue displayed is not because of sin, but in spite of it.

Not sure what repentance even looks like from the outside, looking in. Repentance is of the soul and is reflected in behavior.

Comment