Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump, the I'll be to busy to play golf, President.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    I won't disparage the list but have you checked out the author's twitter feed. Yikes.
    Hey, Bub, I wrote that list under my pen name... um... (who was the author?)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      C) I do trust in the Lord - which is why it's perfectly OK with me if Trump gets convicted/removed, reelected, or.... whatever the Lord allows. I'm just amused at the TDS on full display here every day.
      There is a huge difference between trusting in God as David did when he approached Goliath with his sling and 'trusting in God' as those in the book of James who on seeing the naked and the hungry proclaimed "be warned and be filled"
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Hey, Bub, I wrote that list under my pen name... um... (who was the author?)
        I'll be happy to start calling you @ROBBYSTARBUCK if you'd like ;).

Comment

C) I do trust in the Lord - which is why it's perfectly OK with me if Trump gets convicted/removed, reelected, or.... whatever the Lord allows. I'm just amused at the TDS on full display here every day.
          Did the Lord allow Hitler to take power, and would you have been perfectly okay with that? I'm sure you'd probably answer yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            There is a huge difference between trusting in God as David did when he approached Goliath with his sling and 'trusting in God' as those in the book of James who on seeing the naked and the hungry proclaimed "be warned and be filled"
            Jim, brother, you're not David.

And you're not clothing or feeding anybody by your constant hammering of Trump and his moral failures.

I love you, but you're more like the children of Israel wandering in the wilderness murmuring. You know what murmuring is? It's constantly complaining about problems over which you have no control, and about which you can do nothing. (the "Back to Egypt" committee)

I'm praying for Trump, I'm praying for God's will, and I'm about tired of this whole impeachment thing.

It's been a REAL EDUCATION seeing the brethren (in particular) being absolutely consumed with all Trump all the time. I expect that from the lost people here.

I love you and I'm praying for you, but I think pretty much everybody has said everything that can be said, and there's really nothing new here.

I hope God blesses you richly and frees you from this obsession.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll be happy to start calling you @ROBBYSTARBUCK if you'd like ;).
              I'll pass

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                This is the kind of thing someone says when their head is firmly encased in the fake news bubble.

Here's 11 pages worth of significant accomplishments:

https://www.docdroid.net/KDaSuMo/tru...plishments.pdf
                Key word - Significant

Thanks though for giving me a gish gallop though, I guess? But you guys really need to like... I dunno... figure out what your top 3 or 5 are because when you have stuff like airports having places for women to breastfeed I gotta question whether you know what the word "significant" means.

Comment

I won't disparage the list but have you checked out the author's twitter feed. Yikes.
                  Uh, no, you should absolutely disparage this list. I've seen it posted like 3 times and, like, just read it man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                    Key word - Significant

Thanks though for giving me a gish gallop though, I guess? But you guys really need to like... I dunno... figure out what your top 3 or 5 are because when you have stuff like airports having places for women to breastfeed I gotta question whether you know what the word "significant" means.
                    Apparently Jaecp can’t be bothered to read:

1. Creating a new branch of the military.
                    2. A major prison overhall Bill.
                    3. Passing of the new Canada-Mexico trade agreement.
                    4. A major tax overhaul bill.

Of course, this stupidity is offered by the same idiot that said we’ll be at war with Iran ‘in days’ and put me on ignore when I pointed out liberals said the same about North Korea, 3 years ago.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Jim, brother, you're not David.

And you're not clothing or feeding anybody by your constant hammering of Trump and his moral failures.

I love you, but you're more like the children of Israel wandering in the wilderness murmuring. You know what murmuring is? It's constantly complaining about problems over which you have no control, and about which you can do nothing. (the "Back to Egypt" committee)

I'm praying for Trump, I'm praying for God's will, and I'm about tired of this whole impeachment thing.

It's been a REAL EDUCATION seeing the brethren (in particular) being absolutely consumed with all Trump all the time. I expect that from the lost people here.

I love you and I'm praying for you, but I think pretty much everybody has said everything that can be said, and there's really nothing new here.

I hope God blesses you richly and frees you from this obsession.
                      One thing about your replies CP. I often do not know exacltly what perverse side street you'll take with them down. But the one thing I always know for sure is that whatever side street it is, it will have no resemblance to any possible legitimate reaction to what was said.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

One thing about your replies CP. I often do not know exacltly what perverse side street you'll take with them down. But the one thing I always know for sure is that whatever side street it is, it will have no resemblance to any possible legitimate reaction to what was said.
                        Because having the temerity to disagree with you is by definition perverse, right?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                          Key word - Significant

Yes, I suppose it's easier for you to believe the lie that Trump is a "do nothing" president.

Like it or not, the things Trump has accomplished will have a lasting positive impact on this country for decades.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Yes, I suppose it's easier for you to believe the lie that Trump is a "do nothing" president.

Like it or not, the things Trump has accomplished will have a lasting positive impact on this country for decades.
                            Jaecp obviously didn’t read it. Standing up the first military branch since 1947, is pretty significant. Which shows he hasn’t learned a thing, in all these years.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Because having the temerity to disagree with you is by definition perverse, right?
                              See - this is what so clearly characterizes responses from the peanut gallery. The collective goal of this group of people is to denigrate, smear, slam, or otherwise gain some sort of 'victory' over whoever they happen to disagree with. The goal is not to engage on any objective level without at the very least first making sure that person who dared to have another opinion knows first they and slime are in one way or the other related.

No Rogue, the issue with CP is not disagreement. The issue is the man doesn't know how to answer a post he takes exception to without first twisting what was said into 'something else'. He almost never actually talks about what ever point I make. He goes off on 'some other' tangent with varying degrees of attachment to whatever was said. So to respond to whatever he writes I end up having to correct whatever tangential rabbit hole he ended up travelling down, which he invariably twists into either some perversion of me feeling attacked, or some bizarre sense that I was rude to him.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-06-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

See - this is what so clearly characterizes responses from the peanut gallery. The collective goal of this group of people is to denigrate, smear, slam, or otherwise gain some sort of 'victory' over whoever they happen to disagree with. The goal is not to engage on any objective level without at the very least first making sure that person who dared to have another opinion knows first they and slime are in one way or the other related.

No Rogue, the issue with CP is not disagreement. The issue is the man doesn't know how to answer a post he takes exception to without first twisting what was said into 'something else'. He almost never actually talks about what ever point I make. He goes off on 'some other' tangent with varying degrees of attachment to whatever was said. So to respond to whatever he writes I end up having to correct whatever tangential rabbit hole he ended up travelling down, which he invariably twists into either some perversion of me feeling attacked, or some bizarre sense that I was rude to him.
                                Ironic how you complain about denigrate, smearing, or slamming people when your post is just that. Physician, heal thyself.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment