Thread: Are thoughts causal II

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Are thoughts causal II

Dodging the very fundamental facts of the nature of the brain, mind, consciousness, and of course our thoughts has lead some Twebbers to assert their beliefs in concluding that there is evidence to support their view is based on evidence and not belief. There is absolutely no evidence that thoughts in and of themselves are causal, and not a product of the natural processes of the natural nature of human physiology.

I believe in God, but I do not believe in agenda arguments concerning the nature of human existence without evidence dominated by a metaphysical argument from arguing from existence.

Other than 'arguing from ignorance' and assertion of beliefs what substance is there in the arguments.

Still waiting for the evidence . . .
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

2. Amen Tassman amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I need a response concerning the claims of the 'hard problem, or that 'philosophical observation' is meaningful without objective evidence, or the negative hypothesis that ;physical reduction of consciousness doesn't work' beyond simply metaphysical assertions based only on beliefs.

Where is the evidence for these subjective assertions that can be used to develop positive hypothesis that can be tested?
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-21-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.