Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sure, but Iran had threatened another round of missiles - they had promised American blood... it takes BOTH sides to take a step back.

Comment

• Oh, come off it, Trump never had any intention of starting a war, despite the fervent hopes of liberals who thought it would sink his reelection. His speech today was gracious but strong without a hint of conciliation, and he put Iran on notice, making it clear to them, and the world, that they're responsible for whatever happens next, whether that be peace or war.

As for the airliner, it's going to be almost impossible for Iran to claim victimhood if they killed 180 civilians, although I suppose the Democrats will still try to blame Trump for it.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Calm yourself, my friend, Trump is doing fine, all is well with the world, the sky has not fallen, and all this psychotic doomsaying has been exposed for what it is.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Interesting photo here that let's you see the before and after of the missile attack on the al-Asad military base.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/polit...rnd/index.html

scroll down the page a bit and there is one of those slidey things you can move to see the before and after.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Interesting photo here that let's you see the before and after of the missile attack on the al-Asad military base.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/polit...rnd/index.html

scroll down the page a bit and there is one of those slidey things you can move to see the before and after.
            Destroyed a couple of buildings and put a hole in a road. I'll take that in exchange for taking out their top military commander/terrorist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Destroyed a couple of buildings and put a hole in a road. I'll take that in exchange for taking out their top military commander/terrorist.
              It seems Irans intention was to avoid all out war which was a wise and good way to react since both they and the U.S. knew that they would have to respond. It's possible, through a little known agency, that Iran warned the U.S. ahead of time in order that U.S. personell could take cover making this just a show of strength for the Iranian people. Trump boasted that if Iran should retaliate for the Soleimani assassination that he would hit back ten fold. Apparently he's walked that back according to his press conference today. But, I believe I heard he put more sanctions on their already crippling sanctions, so he may be looking to goad them into war. We'll see.
              Last edited by JimL; 01-08-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

As for the airliner, it's going to be almost impossible for Iran to claim victimhood if they killed 180 civilians, although I suppose the Democrats will still try to blame Trump for it.
                Last edited by firstfloor; 01-08-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• An eye for an eye... and if Iran got twitchy and shot down a civilian plane, then they just plucked their own eye out. The fact that they are not cooperating with investigators is suspicious, but nothing definitive yet.

Comment

An eye for an eye... and if Iran got twitchy and shot down a civilian plane, then they just plucked their own eye out. The fact that they are not cooperating with investigators is suspicious, but nothing definitive yet.
                    Well Iran, what were you so twitchy about? ... early days, maybe just a coincidence.

Comment

• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley says he doesn't believe that Iran missed on purpose, that their intent was to kill US personnel, and that early warning systems at the military base are what saved lives and not any clever deliberate misses by the Iranian military.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ill-personnel/

Comment

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley says he doesn't believe that Iran missed on purpose, that their intent was to kill US personnel, and that early warning systems at the military base are what saved lives and not any clever deliberate misses by the Iranian military.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ill-personnel/
                        Who cares what he "doesn't believe," that's simply an opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Um, so is the idea that Iran missed intentionally.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            You're right, it's not like he's speaking from a position of military expertise or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              Um, so is the idea that Iran missed intentionally.
                              Exactly, that's what I'm saying, it's all just opinion. Besides that, they didn't miss, they both hit and missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Exactly, that's what I'm saying, it's all just opinion. Besides that, they didn't miss, they both hit and missed.
                                They destroyed several buildings at one of the military bases. Do you really think it was their expectation that those buildings would be unoccupied with the intent of inflicting zero causalities? How could they have possibly known whether or not US military personnel were inside those structures? Shake the dust off your brain and try using it for once.

Comment