Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    They destroyed several buildings at one of the military bases. Do you really think it was their expectation that those buildings would be unoccupied with the intent of inflicting zero causalities? How could they have possibly known whether or not US military personnel were inside those structures? Shake the dust off your brain and try using it for once.
    Yeah, I guess the Iranians are so inept militarily that they couldn't kill one American, MM. They probably hit exactly what they wanted to hit, and it's probable the the U.S. was warned ahead of time in order to mitigate any possible casualties. I don't know, you don't know, and the Joint Chiefs of staff may or may not know, but having an agenda his supposed opinion can't be trusted anyway.

Comment

• So, if Iran shot down a civilian aircraft, it's totally Trump's fault?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        They destroyed several buildings at one of the military bases. Do you really think it was their expectation that those buildings would be unoccupied with the intent of inflicting zero causalities? How could they have possibly known whether or not US military personnel were inside those structures? Shake the dust off your brain and try using it for once.
        I think we're not going to know.

One possibility is that the Supreme Leader (religious fanatic) ordered the strikes, and some cooler heads in Iran's military saw WWIII on the horizon, knowing Iran would never survive, and they warned the Iraqis who, in turn, warned the US contingents.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Yeah, I guess the Iranians are so inept militarily that they couldn't kill one American, MM. They probably hit exactly what they wanted to hit, and it's probable the the U.S. was warned ahead of time in order to mitigate any possible casualties. I don't know, you don't know, and the Joint Chiefs of staff may or may not know, but having an agenda his supposed opinion can't be trusted anyway.
          https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ates-democrats

We and the Iraqis move out of harms way before they struck. At first I too thought that the Iranians were missing on purpose, but after seeing that a few buildings were hit, I am not so sure. Looks to me like they are just bad shots or had crappy missiles. Or they knew the US would see them firing off missiles at night and would move out of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ates-democrats

We and the Iraqis move out of harms way before they struck. At first I too thought that the Iranians were missing on purpose, but after seeing that a few buildings were hit, I am not so sure. Looks to me like they are just bad shots or had crappy missiles. Or they knew the US would see them firing off missiles at night and would move out of the way.
            Yes and according to the Washington post Iran warned the Iraqi's who in turn warned the U.S. of the missile attack hours ahead of time. So, who really knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Yes and according to the Washington post Iran warned the Iraqi's who in turn warned the U.S. of the missile attack hours ahead of time. So, who really knows?
              got me. but I would think that the US has satellites and drones watching Iran constantly and wouldn't miss over a dozen missiles being shot off at night. Missiles tend to be pretty bright. They probably could tell that they were shot off but maybe the Iraqis told them where they were being targeted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                got me. but I would think that the US has satellites and drones watching Iran constantly and wouldn't miss over a dozen missiles being shot off at night. Missiles tend to be pretty bright. They probably could tell that they were shot off but maybe the Iraqis told them where they were being targeted?
                General Milley didn't say anything about being tipped off by the Iraqis: "We had a heads-up in the sense that our warning systems and all those things were activated and watching and were able to give us sufficient warning."

I'm beginning to see the "Iran missed on purpose" narrative as little more than an attempt by the left to paint them in a better light.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  So, if Iran shot down a civilian aircraft, it's totally Trump's fault?
                  Trump has been on the warpath since he exited the Iran nuclear deal. The escalation and surrounding circumstances are substantially his responsibility, in my opinion. And if he has acted illegally in killing Soleimani, he is even more culpable.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Trump has been on the warpath since he exited the Iran nuclear deal.

The escalation and surrounding circumstances are substantially his responsibility, in my opinion.
                    Because the nutty Theocrat in Iran is Trump's puppet?

And if he has acted illegally in killing Soleimani, he is even more culpable.
                    Ya gotta give Trump credit --- I can't think of anybody else on the planet who could convince the Democrats to defend the biggest State Sponsor of Terrorism on the planet. I'm sure videos are being collected for campaign ads showing the Democrats to be pro-terrorism.

Comment

• From earlier in the thread:

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      As for the airliner, it's going to be almost impossible for Iran to claim victimhood if they killed 180 civilians, although I suppose the Democrats will still try to blame Trump for it.
                      Did I call it, or did I call it?

Of course dirtfloor isn't actually a Democrat because he's not a US citizen, but he is surely one in spirit.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So, if Iran shot down a civilian aircraft, it's totally Trump's fault?
                        Looking more and more like they did.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Trump has been on the warpath since he exited the Iran nuclear deal. The escalation and surrounding circumstances are substantially his responsibility, in my opinion. And if he has acted illegally in killing Soleimani, he is even more culpable.
                          Iran has kidnapped our sailors, shot down two drones, destroyed an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia, attacked merchant vessels, and sponsors terrorists who have attacked soldiers and our embassy in Iraq. Why wouldn't Trump be on the 'warpath?'

I think he has shown great restraint so far. Do you think he is just sitting in his command chair yelling "bomb them!!?" - He has a lot of level-headed military advisors.

0nxz4dzwo7941.jpg

Comment

Ya gotta give Trump credit --- I can't think of anybody else on the planet who could convince the Democrats to defend the biggest State Sponsor of Terrorism on the planet. I'm sure videos are being collected for campaign ads showing the Democrats to be pro-terrorism.

Not really a surprise though. Look at how many of them lept to the defense of MS-13 and Kim Jong-un.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

I think we're not going to know.

One possibility is that the Supreme Leader (religious fanatic) ordered the strikes, and some cooler heads in Iran's military saw WWIII on the horizon, knowing Iran would never survive, and they warned the Iraqis who, in turn, warned the US contingents.

Comment