Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I love how all the Democrats agree this was a REALLY BAD MAN, HOWEVER.....

(If Obama had taken him out, it would have been one more success!)
    I understand that Obama had to be pushed into ordering the strike against Bin Laden, and it eventually came down to his security team saying, "We're going to take him out whether you order it or not, but it would play much better for you politically if you signed off on it."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I understand that Obama had to be pushed into ordering the strike against Bin Laden, and it eventually came down to his security team saying, "We're going to take him out whether you order it or not, but it would play much better for you politically if you signed off on it."
      Where did you come up with that one, MM? Let me guess, Breitbart? Btw, Bin Laden wasn't an official of a foreign country.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Where did you come up with that one, MM? Let me guess, Breitbart? Btw, Bin Laden wasn't an official of a foreign country.
        That is not a consideration on what makes one a lawful combatant.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Btw, Bin Laden wasn't an official of a foreign country.
          That's the facade the Democrats were trying to hide behind in defending this terrorist, Jim. Rather than simply acknowledge he was a terrorist in a war zone to do harm to our people, they pretend he's some kind of honored diplomat. He was a terrorist, Jim, pure and simple.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I love how all the Democrats agree this was a REALLY BAD MAN, HOWEVER.....

(If Obama had taken him out, it would have been one more success!)
            It'd be regarded as just another drone attack (one of several hundred he ordered), albeit a highly successful one and that success would be praised by the MSM and other Democrats.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              No, it wasn't Breitbart.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                It'd be regarded as just another drone attack (one of several hundred he ordered), albeit a highly successful one and that success would be praised by the MSM and other Democrats.
                And while the Republicans might not praise him, or maybe begrudgingly praise him, I doubt that they'd be pitching hissy fits and attacking him as a war criminal.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And while the Republicans might not praise him, or maybe begrudgingly praise him, I doubt that they'd be pitching hissy fits and attacking him as a war criminal.
                  When Bin Laden was assassinated (just borrowing the latest liberal term of the day ), both parties gave Obama a standing ovation.

https://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05...den/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    When Bin Laden was assassinated (just borrowing the latest liberal term of the day ), both parties gave Obama a standing ovation.

https://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05...den/index.html
                    Well, he was the One!

Comment

I don't think you can back that up with fact, Jim. The "Imminent threat" was not a factor. It was dumb to try to make that claim, because it wasn't required.
                      What law did Trump break?
                      The president is required to inform Congress within 48 hrs of a military strike and provide evidence of an immanent threat as his reasoning for it. They didn't do that, and when they did finally brief congress they claimed the evidence to be classified so provided no evidence for their claim. It's also against International law with the same stipulation of there being absolute evidence of impending and immanent threat of an attack.

Comment

The president is required to inform Congress within 48 hrs of a military strike and provide evidence of an immanent threat as his reasoning for it. They didn't do that, and when they did finally brief congress they claimed the evidence to be classified so provided no evidence for their claim. It's also against International law with the same stipulation of there being absolute evidence of impending and immanent threat of an attack.
                        They definitely knew about it within 48 hours of it taking place. Just 48 hours after.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jim, just repeating the same thing over is not proof. Again, I ask, what law did Trump break?

Comment

Jim, just repeating the same thing over is not proof. Again, I ask, what law did Trump break?
                            That is the law, CP, both U.S. law with respect to the war powers resolution and International law.

Comment

That is the law, CP, both U.S. law with respect to the war powers resolution and International law.
                              Jim, if it were "the law", you'd be able to cite it. Just saying it's the law proves nothing.

Comment

• If he broke "the law," the dummycrats would already have another set of impeachment documents drawn up. It would be his first *actual* case of law-breaking.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment