Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this had been a drone strike on Iranian soil, or some neutral territory, I'd be FAR more concerned.

The fact that this happened in a battle space where a recent attack on our US Embassy had happened is less concerning to me.

Iran has been spreading terrorism all over the place... we've known this for quite some time.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My goodness...

rose mcgowan
      @rosemcgowan

Dear #Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us. #Soleimani

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        My goodness...
        Who the sam thunder is she?

But that's a classic example of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

ETA: Good Lord, the woman needs to buy a shirt!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Nah...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Nah...
            I'm telling mom!

Comment

I'm telling mom!
              Well Rose has at least one redeeming quality! And mom knows, she found my Playboy...

Comment

Some people/countries only understand force. Negotiating is a sign of weakness with them. Allowing Iran backed rebels to attack our embassy without a response is the equivalent of a dog rolling over to expose his belly as a surrender. Hitting them back may incite retaliation but it still shows them we aren't going to sit back and just take it. The old axiom of how to you stop a bully...punch him in the nose...fight back. Iran is a bully, and has been for going on 40 years.
                Last edited by Littlejoe; 01-03-2020, 10:51 AM.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I doubt this is a precursor to World War III. What superpowers are expected to intervene on Iran's behalf? Probably not any, so this will be between the US and Iran, and Iran doesn't stand a chance against the US in open war.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    Some people/countries only understand force. Negotiating is a sign of weakness with them. Allowing Iran backed rebels to attack our embassy without a response is the equivalent of a dog rolling over to expose his belly as a surrender. Hitting them back may incite retaliation but it still shows them we aren't going to sit back and just take it. The old axiom of how to you stop a bully...punch him in the nose...fight back. Iraq is a bully, and has been for going on 40 years.
                    You have to remember who you're debating here: a bunch of brain dead liberals who had no problem with our embassy being attacked and US citizens murdered while Obama gave a "stand down" order to the military and then went to bed early to be well rested for a swanky Las Vegas fundraiser the next day.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      Not World War III, but it's going to bring on more terrorist strikes. That's what Iran does anyway, proxy attacks through terrorists.

I don't see the point of this targeted strike by US troops. What is it supposed to achieve?
                      Possibly some retailtory assassination attempts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        Some people/countries only understand force. Negotiating is a sign of weakness with them. Allowing Iran backed rebels to attack our embassy without a response is the equivalent of a dog rolling over to expose his belly as a surrender. Hitting them back may incite retaliation but it still shows them we aren't going to sit back and just take it. The old axiom of how to you stop a bully...punch him in the nose...fight back. Iran is a bully, and has been for going on 40 years.
                        And, again, this guy wasn't in Iraq to spread love. The very fact that he felt the freedom to come and go like that....

Comment

Who the sam thunder is she?

But that's a classic example of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

she is Tehran Rose

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Possibly some retailtory assassination attempts.
                            A) The Islamic world will be outraged (when are they not?)
                            2) It's not like our actions are going to turn them into terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I doubt this is a precursor to World War III. What superpowers are expected to intervene on Iran's behalf? Probably not any, so this will be between the US and Iran, and Iran doesn't stand a chance against the US in open war.
                              I will pay for a limo to drive you to your nearest recruitment office. I'll even pay for your lunch you lunch after. Heck, I'll even throw in a year of cigs on top.

Surely you will be first to the fight you so clearly desire.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                she is Tehran Rose
                                Ah!!!

Comment