Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And because it's truisms at this point that there's a Trump tweet for everything, and that everything the right-wing says is projection:

“In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.” - Donald Trump, tweeted on Oct. 30, 2011

"I always said @BarackObama will attack Iran, in some form, prior to the election." - Donald Trump, tweeted on Aug. 17, 2012

“Now that Obama’s numbers are in a tailspin watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate." - Donald Trump, tweeted on Oct. 6, 2012

“Don’t let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected – be careful Republicans!” - Donald Trump, tweeted on Oct. 22, 2012

“Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly – not skilled!” - Donald Trump, tweeted on Nov. 12, 2012

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Well we killed one of the most prolific state terrorist in the Middle East, and from what I'm hearing he may have been in Baghdad to coordinate an attack on our embassy, before moving on to raise more hell in Syria.
    All this hysteria (not saying you're being hysterical) is silly - we've been at war with Iran for several decades. Yes, this is a major escalation, and cause for concern, but the sky is not yet falling.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    All this hysteria (not saying you're being hysterical) is silly - we've been at war with Iran for several decades. Yes, this is a major escalation, and cause for concern, but the sky is not yet falling.
    I think finishing the first season of Messiah on Netflix colored my view last night. Yet, if Iran does retaliate as forcefully as they now say they will this can spin out of control rapidly.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    This is an act of war.

But the US constitution says Congress, not the President, has the power to determine who the US is or isn't at war with. So this is an unconstitutional act, outside the bounds of Trump's authority.

Worth adding this to the list of impeachment charges?

Do the Trumptards here still support Trump even if he leads the US unconstitutionally into war with Iran?
    Is an attack on an Embassy, an act of war?

Is launching attacks against US troops, an act of war?

Is attacking US assets, an act of war?

Do you support Obama after he unconstitutionally attacked Libya and continued our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Let’s do a reality check Starlight:

Iran has been engaging in acts of war against the US and US allies, for 20+ years.

Barack ‘drone strike’ Obama was quite busy blowing people up, long before 2016 and took many military actions that I don’t recall you calling for impeachment or removal for.

Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-03-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

6. Amen seer, NorrinRadd, Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think finishing the first season of Messiah on Netflix colored my view last night. Yet, if Iran does retaliate as forcefully as they now say they will this can spin out of control rapidly.
    You just reminded me of a scene from Hunt for Red October, where....

"Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If this had been a drone strike on Iranian soil, or some neutral territory, I'd be FAR more concerned.

The fact that this happened in a battle space where a recent attack on our US Embassy had happened is less concerning to me.

Iran has been spreading terrorism all over the place... we've known this for quite some time.

9. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My goodness...

rose mcgowan
    @rosemcgowan

Dear #Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us. #Soleimani

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My goodness...
    Who the sam thunder is she?

But that's a classic example of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

ETA: Good Lord, the woman needs to buy a shirt!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post

ETA: Good Lord, the woman needs to buy a shirt!
    Nah...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nah...
    I'm telling mom!