Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    I will pay for a limo to drive you to your nearest recruitment office. I'll even pay for your lunch you lunch after. Heck, I'll even throw in a year of cigs on top.

Surely you will be first to the fight you so clearly desire.
    I’m a nearly 16 year now career military and will say MM is right. Now how you?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I will pay for a limo to drive you to your nearest recruitment office. I'll even pay for your lunch you lunch after. Heck, I'll even throw in a year of cigs on top.

Hey I enlisted in the Corps during Vietnam, and tried to re-enlist after 911. How about you?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Hey I enlisted in the Corps during Vietnam, and tried to re-enlist after 911. How about you?
        I didn't but I also don't cheer endless wars in the ME. I did support Afghanistan for the purposes of protecting the US but I knew Iraq was a disaster in the making from the start. I don't see the hypocrisy.

And I won't try to slink away with a "Thank you for your service" but legit you guys have more between your legs than I do obviously. I don't have a desire to get shot.

Comment

I didn't but I also don't cheer endless wars in the ME. I did support Afghanistan for the purposes of protecting the US but I knew Iraq was a disaster in the making from the start. I don't see the hypocrisy.

And I won't try to slink away with a "Thank you for your service" but legit you guys have more between your legs than I do obviously. I don't have a desire to get shot.
          Well as a Vet I don't think we should jump on someone like MM because he didn't serve (if he didn't). We are all entitled to our opinions whether we served or not.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            You have to remember who you're debating here: a bunch of brain dead liberals who had no problem with our embassy being attacked and US citizens murdered while Obama gave a "stand down" order to the military and then went to bed early to be well rested for a swanky Las Vegas fundraiser the next day.
            Just look at how the WaPo described ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after his death: "an austere religious scholar with wire-frame glasses"

Or what much of the MSM is calling those who attacked the embassy in Baghdad earlier this week. For the WaPo they were merely "protesters" whereas the New York Times actually called them "mourners."

And now, what is the MSM saying about this guy -- a man who has masterminded multiple attacks on U.S. forces resulting in several hundred deaths. To CBS he was an "inspiring" ... "military genius." CNN compared him to the French WWII hero Charles de Gaulle. And on MSNBC they even condemned the attack on "war heroes" (Solemani and the thugs of Hezbollah, who are considered a terrorist organization since Clinton was president)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              A) The Islamic world will be outraged (when are they not?)
              2) It's not like our actions are going to turn them into terrorists.
              To date even Iran has avoided targeting Western leaders. That may stop now.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I also don't cheer endless wars in the ME.
                Who's cheering for war? Certainly not me, and just because I'm past prime recruitment age and have life circumstances that would prohibit my joining the military anyway doesn't deprive me of the right to have and express an opinion about current world affairs.

And besides, I don't smoke.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                  she is Tehran Rose
                  What is it with the women from the original Charmed TV show? First Alyssa Milano became unhinged and now this from Rose McGowan.

I am hearing that she's getting a great deal of blowback.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Who's cheering for war? Certainly not me, and just because I'm past prime recruitment age and have life circumstances that would prohibit my joining the military anyway doesn't deprive me of the right to have and express an opinion about current world affairs.

And besides, I don't smoke.
                    Fair enough Of course you are right and whether this was the correct call is not determined by your specific desire to serve. So, I apologize for the low blow. I just really, really, really don't like war. We've been in Iraq for 2/5s of my life!

Comment

Fair enough Of course you are right and whether this was the correct call is not determined by your specific desire to serve. So, I apologize for the low blow.
                      Hey, cut out that sincere apology crap --- you want to start an epidemic?

I just really, really, really don't like war. We've been in Iraq for 2/5s of my life!
                      And we have been fighting Iran by proxy since way back in the Reagan years.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        This is an act of war.

But the US constitution says Congress, not the President, has the power to determine who the US is or isn't at war with. So this is an unconstitutional act, outside the bounds of Trump's authority.

Worth adding this to the list of impeachment charges?

Do the Trumptards here still support Trump even if he leads the US unconstitutionally into war with Iran?
                        The ignorant... literally burns...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          It do.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            For someone who thinks he's the sharpest knife in the drawer he certainly does say some stupid stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              What is it with the women from the original Charmed TV show? First Alyssa Milano became unhinged and now this from Rose McGowan.

I am hearing that she's getting a great deal of blowback.
                              She married Marilyn Manson a while ago. She's never been hinged...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

This could well make those in Iraqi command think twice about aligning with Iran, since the US can "reach out and touch" them wherever they are.

Fact is, this beloved general was not, as I have said, in Iraq to spread peace and harmony.

Comment