Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Divided Methodists

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Go ahead, prove you're too much of a coward to admit you were wrong, goober.
    I admit I was wrong - I actually didn't think you could be this petty and nasty.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen Juvenal amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Go ahead, prove you're too much of a coward to admit you were wrong, goober.

Most of the name calling on here is from Christians. Someone might mistake you for a Christian if you are not careful.

4. Amen Juvenal, oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That'd be a lot more compelling if it was what he claimed, and it wasn't in direct response to his denial.

... splitting up over homosexuality and other issues like the science of evolution centering on the literal fundamentalist view of the Bible versu the adaptive interpretive view of liberal churches

followed by

Incomplete representation of my post.

and a reiteration of the list you didn't read the first time.

And we know you, goober. Try reading what he actually said before you dogpile, preacher. It'll improve your looks. Unless you like looking yellow. That said, I dare ya, no, I double dare ya to step up to the mic next Sunday and declare you accept the theory of evolution, because the evidence that it's true is beyond compelling, and all truth is God's truth.

Then come on back and tell us how that worked out for ya, how it wasn't a divisive topic after all.
    What are you trying to do here besides polish your JerkTM credentials? Shunya made a false statement (and then, as is his wont, provided a reference that does not provide the support he thinks it does), and rogue called him on it. No one is claiming that the theory of evolution is not divisive. If you're going to chide people for not paying attention, it helps to do so yourself.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

6. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Most of the name calling on here is from Christians. Someone might mistake you for a Christian if you are not careful.
    A quick browse through Civics would show your assertion to be fallacious. Your trolling is a little too obvious here.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    A quick browse through Civics would show your assertion to be fallacious. Your trolling is a little too obvious here.
    iMaybe Jim's last name is Lamebrain, and Charles goes by the nickname of Chuckles. And maybe the common rhetorical devices used on Tweb, by Christians, is forthright and open. And maybe Christians do address the arguments made and not rely on forms of ad hom, sliding around the points made. And maybe those Christians who disagree are not real Christians, unable to present the true and unadulterated faith.

I addressed Juvenal, I didn't think his name calling was appropriate. He lists his faith as humanist, so I assume that he is not a Christian. If Juvenal does not adopt the faith, maybe he could adapt the appearances.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    iMaybe Jim's last name is Lamebrain, and Charles goes by the nickname of Chuckles. And maybe the common rhetorical devices used on Tweb, by Christians, is forthright and open. And maybe Christians do address the arguments made and not rely on forms of ad hom, sliding around the points made. And maybe those Christians who disagree are not real Christians, unable to present the true and unadulterated faith.

I addressed Juvenal, I didn't think his name calling was appropriate. He lists his faith as humanist, so I assume that he is not a Christian. If Juvenal does not adopt the faith, maybe he could adapt the appearances.
    Thought I would bump this up, since several threads have devolved into disputes on whether the other side is descending to irrational name calling.

Maybe it is just an anger fueled parody of reasoned discussion.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    What are you trying to do here besides polish your JerkTM credentials? Shunya made a false statement ...
    Frank's statement wasn't false.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ironically enough, that's only a worry with Christians of suspect Christianity.

There was a time I'd declare attacks on posters out of bounds for my threads, but the privilege of doing so has since been revoked. Their board, their rules.

Often enough, the preacher adds useful insight to a thread, and I appreciate that. That includes this thread. Too often, he just goobers, that being a shorthand description of blundering ignorance accompanied with a demeaning or cutting remark — occasionally unintentional, but, in any case, "cleanup on aisle CP" posts.

Rouge misread Frank's post (and so did the piglet it seems), a mistake which could have been handled with dignity, if by itself. The preacher, on the other hand, didn't bother to read Frank's post, and piled on, choosing to do the "petty and nasty" by taking Rouge's misreading at face value and using it to mock Frank as living in "his own little world."

That, by the way, was an unmistakable reference to senile dementia directed toward Frank, the very same reference toward Frank I'd previously, and wrongly, associated with CP, and for which association I'd apologized.

Yeah, irony.

Not quite sure what to do with the preacher. He's capable of sufficient introspection to find his "I was wrr... not right" moment. I've seen him do it. But first, of course, he has to be made aware of his blunders, and that's an effort I'm not willing to make for him any more. I've been there, and done that, and now it's time to do other things.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Thought I would bump this up.

What are the expections for civil discourse on this Christian site?

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thought I would bump this up.

What are the expections for civil discourse on this Christian site?
    Mine are pretty low. I'm proud that I'm usually able to tolerate the "no profanity" rule.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."