Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump admits there is no exit strategy if war breaks out with Iran (video)

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump admits there is no exit strategy if war breaks out with Iran (video)

Reporter: Do you have an exit strategy for Iran, if war does break out?
    Trump: You're not going to need an exit strategy. I don't need exit strategies.

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/stat...50214923063297

Because just saying "All options are on the table" just sounds too much like Obama, I guess?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You know, your thread title doesn't accurately reflect what the OP says?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

3. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sorry about that. How do I edit the thread title? Would "Trump says no exit strategy necessary in case of war with Iran" be appropriate?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Sorry about that. How do I edit the thread title? Would "Trump says no exit strategy necessary in case of war with Iran" be appropriate?
    That would be more accurate, yes. If the time limit has expired for you to change it, I'll be happy to change it at your request.

OR, we could leave it "as is", and it will blend in with so many other threads whose title does not actually portray the OP.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That would be more accurate, yes. If the time limit has expired for you to change it, I'll be happy to change it at your request.

OR, we could leave it "as is", and it will blend in with so many other threads whose title does not actually portray the OP.
    Your call. I somehow suspect this thread won't get many replies so will probably disappear soon.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your call. I somehow suspect this thread won't get many replies so will probably disappear soon.
    You're good! Let's leave it be.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump never has a plan. Not from one sentence to the next. Not from one day to the next. Why would anyone think this would be different?

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It would be disappointing if Trump led the US into war with Iran. The fact that he had consistently tried to get the US out of international conflict is one of the highlights of his political career. I'd hate to see that snuffed out.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Reporter: Do you have an exit strategy for Iran, if war does break out?
    Trump: You're not going to need an exit strategy. I don't need exit strategies.

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/stat...50214923063297

Because just saying "All options are on the table" just sounds too much like Obama, I guess?
    Someone saying that they don't need an exit strategy is not the equivalent of someone saying that they don't have an exit strategy. Saying that you don't need one could simply be a way to get an idiot reporter to stop trying to get you to foolishly reveal your strategy. And providing exit strategies and time tables was something that IIRC Obama actually did.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Someone saying that they don't need an exit strategy is not the equivalent of someone saying that they don't have an exit strategy. Saying that you don't need one could simply be a way to get an idiot reporter to stop trying to get you to foolishly reveal your strategy. And providing exit strategies and time tables was something that IIRC Obama actually did.
    I think this is an example of what I was talking about before -- that, previously, Republicans allowed the media to set the narrative, even posing a goofy premise that the Republican would then go on and try to debate -- on the defensive.

It's like Trump takes a swat at the reporter and says, "no, I'll set the narrative", and uses that time to get his own message across.