Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ohmar, Lee, Kaine, announce war powers resolution to prevent war with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So you don't think that the current events were an escalation of hostilities?
    Absolutely -- Iran should just stop State Sponsorship of terrorism!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good for you. That's what I said. Trump pulled out of an agreement the U.S. made with Iran which caused an escalation of hostilities which should have been known would happen.
      And if he wouldn't, it would have escalated anyway. They would have found another reason. It's what they do.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yes they should, and the U.S. should honor it's agreements. What needs to be known is exactly what was this imminent threat of attack against U.S. forces that the Trump administration claims Soleimani was planning. Otherwise this was naught but a provacation to further escalate hostilities. Trump is either going to have to retaliate or take back his words that if Iran retaliates the U.S. will hit them back ten fold and strike at their cultural sites. If we take Trump at his word, this ain't over yet. Of course we know he can't be taken at his word so let's hope so in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yes they should, and the U.S. should honor it's agreements. What needs to be known is exactly what was this imminent threat of attack against U.S. forces that the Trump administration claims Soleimani was planning. Otherwise this was naught but a provocation to further escalate hostilities. Trump is either going to have to retaliate or take back his words that if Iran retaliates the U.S. will hit them back ten fold and strike at their cultural sites. If we take Trump at his word, this ain't over yet. Of course we know he can't be taken at his word so let's hope so in this case.

Comment

Yes they should
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
              Indeed. And Judith. And Judges.

But none of these books are Christian. The Christian’s moral example is meant to be, not Eglon, or Jael, or Judith, or the murderers of Amon, but Christ.
              And yet the same God told the Israelites to attack and kill other nations. Even down to the women and children. How do you reconcile that?

(I am not excusing any action by Trump here, just answering your question)

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                Indeed. And Judith. And Judges.

But none of these books are Christian. The Christian’s moral example is meant to be, not Eglon, or Jael, or Judith, or the murderers of Amon, but Christ.
                I'm sorry, but ALL scripture is Christian. Who told you otherwise?
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  I'm sorry, but ALL scripture is Christian. Who told you otherwise?
                  I'm not sorry ALL scripture is Christian!

Comment

Good for you. That's what I said. Trump pulled out of an agreement the U.S. made with Iran which caused an escalation of hostilities which should have been known would happen.
                    the escalation would have happened anyway JimL Iran would just have had to find another excuse for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Yes they should, and the U.S. should honor it's agreements. What needs to be known is exactly what was this imminent threat of attack against U.S. forces that the Trump administration claims Soleimani was planning. Otherwise this was naught but a provacation to further escalate hostilities. Trump is either going to have to retaliate or take back his words that if Iran retaliates the U.S. will hit them back ten fold and strike at their cultural sites. If we take Trump at his word, this ain't over yet. Of course we know he can't be taken at his word so let's hope so in this case.
                      you mean the agreement that did nothing to make sure that Iran kept it's part of the bargain give me a break JimL are you so naive as to think Iran who who's war cry is death to America death to Israel would honor any bargain they made?
                      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-08-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]41949[/ATTACH]
                          Yeah, except the NDAA doesn't give the President those powers unless they can show the evidence of their claim that there was a threat of an imminent attack. I believe it's also against international law, not that the Trump administration concerns itself with international law.
                          Last edited by JimL; 01-08-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• According to the briefing to congress both democrat and republican Senators say that the Administration presented no evidence of the planned imminent threat that they claimed as the reason for the assassination of Soleimani.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              According to the briefing to congress both democrat and republican Senators say that the Administration presented no evidence of the planned imminent threat that they claimed as the reason for the assassination of Soleimani.
                              Well, I know Rand without a doubt would be one among the GOP senators, but who else? A source would be nice, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Well, I know Rand without a doubt would be one among the GOP senators, but who else? A source would be nice, bro.
                                Mike Lee gave a particularly scathing rebuke to the Administrations briefing. He said they treated them like children, gave them no evidence of their claims, and told them not to discuss or debate it. He said it was insulting and demeaning and the worst briefing in his 9 years serving on that committee.

Comment