Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ohmar, Lee, Kaine, announce war powers resolution to prevent war with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Mike Lee gave a particularly scathing rebuke to the Administrations briefing. He said they treated them like children, gave them no evidence of their claims, and told them not to discuss or debate it. He said it was insulting and demeaning and the worst briefing in his 9 years serving on that committee.
    Mike Lee, it seems, is not the most credible source.

Melissa Francis: Some of your colleagues have come out of your meeting today though and said almost the exact opposite. They didn’t get nearly enough information to justify what has happened. And, that they weren’t satisfied with the position at all. What do you think they heard?

Senator James Lankford: Yeah, it has been very interesting. I’ve seen some of my colleagues come out and make comments like that. In fact, one of my colleagues stepped out and said the whole group was doing a briefing with us and when the questions got hard that they left and they ran off. That was absolutely, positively false. That did not occur. They weren’t running away. We started at 2:30 and we finished at 4:00 because they had meetings in the White House.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...riefing-video/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Mike Lee gave a particularly scathing rebuke to the Administrations briefing. He said they treated them like children, gave them no evidence of their claims, and told them not to discuss or debate it. He said it was insulting and demeaning and the worst briefing in his 9 years serving on that committee.
      He was visibly angry. Naturally Fox cut away when it was clear he was not there to play and his position was the constitutional one. They probably assumed someone as conservative as he is would toe the party lie.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1215023938532712450

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          MM,

Only one side can be telling the truth in this matter. On its face both Paul and Lee have more to lose by going against their party than they would have by going with it*. In the absence of clear evidence either direction shouldn't we be biased towards those who are sticking their neck out?

* Not actually true but you'd disagree with the reason I think this

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            MM,

Only one side can be telling the truth in this matter. On its face both Paul and Lee have more to lose by going against their party than they would have by going with it*. In the absence of clear evidence either direction shouldn't we be biased towards those who are sticking their neck out?

* Not actually true but you'd disagree with the reason I think this
            I don't know about this Lee dude, but I'd definitely trust Rand.

Comment

Mike Lee, it seems, is not the most credible source.

Melissa Francis: Some of your colleagues have come out of your meeting today though and said almost the exact opposite. They didn’t get nearly enough information to justify what has happened. And, that they weren’t satisfied with the position at all. What do you think they heard?

Senator James Lankford: Yeah, it has been very interesting. I’ve seen some of my colleagues come out and make comments like that. In fact, one of my colleagues stepped out and said the whole group was doing a briefing with us and when the questions got hard that they left and they ran off. That was absolutely, positively false. That did not occur. They weren’t running away. We started at 2:30 and we finished at 4:00 because they had meetings in the White House.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...riefing-video/
              Yeah, the extremely conservative, and avid Trump supporters, Mike Lee and Rand Paul, must be Rino's now that they aren't licking Trumps boots, eh MM?

Comment

He was visibly angry. Naturally Fox cut away when it was clear he was not there to play and his position was the constitutional one. They probably assumed someone as conservative as he is would toe the party lie.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1215023938532712450
                Yes he was, he was outraged. I believe he called the briefing absolutely insane.

Comment

MM,

Only one side can be telling the truth in this matter.
                  Nah, things are rarely so black and white. Everybody heard the same briefing. One person being satisfied with the explanation, and another person thinking it inadequate doesn't mean that one of them is lying. It simply means they have differing perspectives.

Although Mike Lee apparently falsely claiming that the briefing was cut short when the questioning got too hot to handle does make his point of view a bit suspect.

But we don't know what was said, so it's not worth fretting about. I'm sure a non-classified version will be made public within the next day or two, and then we will be able to make up our own minds.

Comment

Nah, things are rarely so black and white. Everybody heard the same briefing. One person being satisfied with the explanation, and another person thinking it inadequate doesn't mean that one of them is lying. It simply means they have differing perspectives.
                    Fair enough. But when the two sides are so far apart...

In any case you didn't reply to the fact that Lee and Paul and sticking their necks *way out* to go along with what is certain to be all of the democrats on this one. Doesn't that count for something?

Comment

In any case you didn't reply to the fact that Lee and Paul and sticking their necks *way out* to go along with what is certain to be all of the democrats on this one. Doesn't that count for something?
                      Rand Paul, like his father, often cuts his own path through the Republican party, so that's not surprising. I really don't know much about Mike Lee.

But again, we don't know what they heard, so it's very hard for me to say what significance their reaction has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        And yet the same God told the Israelites to attack and kill other nations. Even down to the women and children. How do you reconcile that?

(I am not excusing any action by Trump here, just answering your question)
                        This is why I think it's foolish for Christian apologists use genocide, killers of women and children arguments against Islam. Our God is also the OT God of the Jews who ordered such things, and who never changes.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Here's a presser with a bit more details about the meeting and their objections...

Comment

• Earlier today Senator Mike “H1B” Lee called the national security briefing “lame” and “inadequate”, saying the military and intelligence leaders ran from hard questions at the briefing. Well, Senator James Lankford calls those accusations by Senator Lee demonstrably false and untrue.

Senator Lankford noted the briefing included examples of 90 incidents of Iranian proxy attacks against the U.S. and coalition forces in the last month-and-a-half; ultimately leading to the killing of an American. It was after the final attack when POTUS Trump ordered the elimination of Qassim Soleimani.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-lee-a-fibber/

Comment

Rand Paul, like his father, often cuts his own path through the Republican party, so that's not surprising. I really don't know much about Mike Lee.
                              Right, all of a sudden MM, the conservative political junky that he is, doesn't know anything about the outspoken ultra conservative 9 year Senator, Mike Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                This is why I think it's foolish for Christian apologists use genocide, killers of women and children arguments against Islam. Our God is also the OT God of the Jews who ordered such things, and who never changes.
                                Yep, both gods are just as immoral. Although, the christian god isn't really YHWH, just like the NT isn't the OT.

Comment